Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Read this please.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cassanova, Apr 24, 2001.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ive been seeing alot of posts throughout the site that basically say so and so suck, and posts that are definatly going to start a flame war because they are a little bit on the offensive side to a few people.

Any posts saying so and so sucks, or deemed rude, hostile, or other wise inapropriate as to start a fued in this forum will be deleted!
    And for gods sake please no more flea vs posts as they are getting very old and really have nothing to offer anyone.

2. and yet another moderator puts down the iron fist.
    thanks.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Your Welcome Gruff, Im so sick of reading oh this guy sucks, or that guy sucks. All it does is get tensions riled up and really offers very little usefull information to the new commers on the site. My mom used to have a saying to us kids, if you have nothing nice to say or anything beneficial to to say then keep your mouth shut..I can tolerate people saying that a certain players not that great, but when they say they suck and dont have a thing to back it up, then I have an issue. Ive posted alot of posts on this site and have always been courtious and tactfull when I didnt like something and backed my opionions up with a reason why. I see NO reason why others can not do the same.

4. Yea I was taught the same lesson, I didn't talk all through my teens :D

Thanks again to all you moderators, I don't mind if something sucks, but I want to know why it does.
    It’s all just the view of the user anyways but I don't think the newcomers can see that. Some one can say a Thumb Bass is crap but when I am beating the heck out of mine and it is singing it’s hard to believe.