Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Read this ....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassMan2000, Jul 15, 2001.

1. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I was playin a GL L-2000 at my local music store recently. As I was playing, a guy who walk up to an amp with a Alian Caron (sp?) 6string Fretless , which was for sale! Plugs in plays a few things scales and that stuff. Then he asks me if I could let him see the GL L-2000 I was trying out and maybe going to purchase. So I let him play it ,and to my surprise he bought it over the F Bass! He said this one sounds better I'm like WHAT! NO WAY! So out of trying warwick,spector,GL I'm happiest with the GL L2000.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    If you're speaking about a price difference... Price doesn't equate sound. ;)

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Just goes to show you why there is more than one bass company. :) I love my G&L L-2000. I also love my Spector's. I think that G&L L series/ASAT's are the best non-custom made bass on the market. Like I said before, I don't think I'll ever sell my L-2000. I don't play it 1/2 as much as I used to, but it'll stay in my collection.

4. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    yea nino your right about the GL-2000

5. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    nino you should get icq dude !

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    not to get off topic, but I don't know what an ICQ is. :confused: I've seen them & wondered what it was, but it got pushed aside. :p If you want, e-mail me @ <a href="mailto:ninobrown96@netzero.net"><font color=white><b>ninobrown96@netzero.net</b></font></a> so this thread dosen't get too off topic. :)

To stay on topic, I want to get another G&L L-2500. I had a bl<font color=blue>ue-bur</font>st w/a maple neck & f/b & I sold it when I bought my USA Spector NS-5. I have to get another one eventually in trans red or trans blue.