Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Read your interview in SLAP...

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Jeffrey, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Jan 16, 2002
    USA-Monona WI
    I was very excited to see your interview in SLAP! My favorite musiscian laying it down in my favorite mag...awesome. I saw you play w/J Mascis and then at the Annex in Madison. Looking forward to the new cd and your next tour. Here's a question, how'd you get hooked up with the folks at Girl Skateboards a few years back? You did a track they used for a little skit in their video, "Goldfish". It'd be cool to see more such collaborations. Arebaderchi, WATT!

2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

hi,

I know of girl skateboards cuz spike's an old friend. he's made a couple of videos for me. I am very down w/skateboarders and am proud that I was asked to do that spiel for 'slap' magazine. I try to work my bass like riding a skateboard when I try to coax sounds out of it. skaters are very inspiring to watt! dig it much. I try to make it swoop and crunch down hard, just like a cat on a rail or in a pool. much respect to skaters who dare.

on bass, watt