Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reading Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Bijoux, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Does anybody on the list wear Contac lenses?, I depend on my eyesight, as a freelancer I have to read a lot of music but for the last year or so I've been using some Toric Contact lenses, and even though I went back 3 times to get 'em checked they are always going out of focus, they blur a lot, very frustating when you can actually read but you can't!:( , thanks for your help.

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    When I used to wear contacts, I wore Accuvue disposables, and I enjoyed good, clear eyesight for about a week, at which point I'd toss 'em and put in a fresh set. They were great, I could even jump into the ocean with them in, and if one popped out, I'd just go grab another one. THEN, I took the plunge and got laser surgery two years ago. Best thing I ever did. No more cases and bottles of saline on road trips, and 20-15 eyesight.

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Finally something on the DB side that I know something about.

I also wear Toric lenses. Ever notice the little bird's feet on them? Those are there to make them rotate around.

Torics are designed to be oriented a particular way in your eye. That why when you first put them in, you can't see that well for a minute or so until they rotate around to the correct position.

I have the same problem. When I move my eyes a lot the contacts can get disoriented. This causes blurring.

I found that application of the drops to keep your eyes moist minimunizes this. When I do have a problem, excessive blinking seems to help oriented them correctly a little faster.

Chas

4. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    Hey thanks Chas, I'll try the drops, I feel some frustration because I relly on reading so much, I tried for a couple of days the old lenses, they are plain soft, I cannot see as well but they don't fog nearly as much and I can still read, have you had any experience with gas permeable, I've had 'em about 10 years ago and don't remember, thanks for your help.