Reading Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Bijoux, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Does anybody on the list wear Contac lenses?, I depend on my eyesight, as a freelancer I have to read a lot of music but for the last year or so I've been using some Toric Contact lenses, and even though I went back 3 times to get 'em checked they are always going out of focus, they blur a lot, very frustating when you can actually read but you can't!:( , thanks for your help.
  2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    When I used to wear contacts, I wore Accuvue disposables, and I enjoyed good, clear eyesight for about a week, at which point I'd toss 'em and put in a fresh set. They were great, I could even jump into the ocean with them in, and if one popped out, I'd just go grab another one. THEN, I took the plunge and got laser surgery two years ago. Best thing I ever did. No more cases and bottles of saline on road trips, and 20-15 eyesight.
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Finally something on the DB side that I know something about.

I also wear Toric lenses. Ever notice the little bird's feet on them? Those are there to make them rotate around.

Torics are designed to be oriented a particular way in your eye. That why when you first put them in, you can't see that well for a minute or so until they rotate around to the correct position.

I have the same problem. When I move my eyes a lot the contacts can get disoriented. This causes blurring.

I found that application of the drops to keep your eyes moist minimunizes this. When I do have a problem, excessive blinking seems to help oriented them correctly a little faster.

4. Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Hey thanks Chas, I'll try the drops, I feel some frustration because I relly on reading so much, I tried for a couple of days the old lenses, they are plain soft, I cannot see as well but they don't fog nearly as much and I can still read, have you had any experience with gas permeable, I've had 'em about 10 years ago and don't remember, thanks for your help.