reading tab?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by antifrat, Jul 1, 2002.

1. antifrat

antifrat Guest

Jun 27, 2002
    abducted by lemmings
    ok so this is probaby not all tat clear ( ive just started, im not sure of much)

in a lot of tabs, ie, this,
    you'll get two lines kind of overlapping, ie, two notes played at thasame time/ almost together
    if i don't know the song i usually find it qite hard to actually hear what the bass is, = i cant figure ou how to pay some stuff, is there any logical wa to figure t out?
    sorry this is a bit vague, im not quite sure how to put it accross
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Ok the problem with tab is that there is no time element. Many of the tabs that I use (from magazines) have the dots as well. So I have an eye on both as my sight reading is poor.

My advice is to buy or borrow the CD if you use tabs. I would also learn to read music at least to a basic std. Heres a starter the bass clef bottom line is a G.
  3. antifrat

antifrat Guest

Jun 27, 2002
    abducted by lemmings
    i can read music ( i play three other instruments :) ), its just pretty much impossible to get any out here / is there any place i could get it , it, on thte net, for free?
  4. those spots where it looks like your supposed to play more than one note at the same time, you are supposed to play them together, just play them as a chord. The tab is Just showing you the position to put your fingers in.
  5. murdoc665

murdoc665 Guest

Jul 2, 2002
    indiana us
    if you want to save it put it under note pad you wont get that messy tab
  6. Typically, IME, Tabs like this are very poorly written, and the person who wrote it out didn't take the time to have it evenly spaced out.

To me, it looks very sloppy, and I can't even begin to figure out what song it is if it is supposed to be played with the chords.
  7. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    if you got that tab from this website, theres a link you goto at the bottom of that tab that says "printer friendly version" just go there and it will be nice and spaced out for you.
  8. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA