Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reading video by Carol Kaye

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by yor123, Jul 6, 2001.

1. yor123

yor123

Mar 29, 2001
    New Orleans
    Did a search on Carol Kaye and reading and came up dry. Anybody have any experience with her video series on reading notation? She states that she hates the 1 e and a ... counting technique. She feels that you spend too much time counting and not getting the rhythm. I could not agree more! I have been trying, one measure at a time. But by the time I count all the 1 e and a....I don't have any brain left to actually read the notes and figure out a fingering for them!

Anybody know what she teaches instead? I'll gladly buy the series (about $36) from her website if somebody recommends it.

Thanks

btw.. I also tried a ti ti ti ... technique or something like that. God awful.

2. CK is a very good teacher. Her videos are great, and many people (including me) have found them to be quite useful. She has the chops, she has the form, she wants to share - I wish there were more like her.

- Wil