Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ready for your signature instrument??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jul 29, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    today it's really hot here in italy. and the sun makes me fool. so fool that i started planning my own personal signature bass. In the remote case that i'll become famous, here my specs...

fender barroso signature:
    4 string
    precision body in swamp ash
    '62 jazz neck maple with rosewood fretboard dot inlay
    finished in three tone sunburst with black pickguard
    2 passive pickups
    a fender Vintage Jazz Bass Single Coil Pickup in neck position and a big humbucker (seymour duncan?) in bridge position (MMstyle)
    passive electronics
    controls: volume and tone for each pickup (Stacked Concentric Controls) and a switch selector for only bridge, only neck or both pickup working
    hardware nickel with vintage style reverse tuning machine jazz vintage bridge

and now i wait yours!!

2. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Fender Agyemaster Bass (4 string)(Only ever avalible left-handed)

Fender Jaguar Body (Blue Sparkle with matching headstock and white perloid pickguard), Swamp Ash body. Tru-body stringing.

Jazz bass maple Neck with maple fingerboard. Block inlays. Black binding around neck.

2 Passive Semour Duncon humbuckers pickups. One in the Musicman position, and one near the neck.

J-Retro preamp.

It is very hot here in England too. :)

I am thinking making my self this bass using warmoth, or usa custom guitars, and sticking a fender jazz neck on it.

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    fender jazz bass body-smoothed out a little more than the production bodies
    musicman stingray 4 string maple neck
    a active pbass pickup in the neck position
    a passive MM style pickup in the bridge
    active preamp
    3 way switch
    LED's down the neck
    no pickguard
    body in pearl blue with matcing headstock
    2 input jacks for stereo or mono

there i think that thing is impossible enough for anyone to build. They made the jaco sig like 3 grand

My sig will cost over 10 grand and be dropped in a pool, and thrown up on just to simulate how my bass would be treated. Save up your pennies guys.

4. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Well its very hot here (32° Celsius)...

Fender Jazz 5-String David Adler Signature
    Slightly undersized Jazz Body
    Curved Body (á la spector)
    Maple Neck, Maple Fingerboard, Black Block-Inlays, Black Binding
    Black Sparkle Finish
    White Pearloid Pickguard
    2 Sadowsky Singlecoil Pickups
    Sadowsky Preamp
    Fender Headstock

Fender Jazz 4-String Jazz David Adler Signature
    -the same in four string

Mordern Style 5-String Signature
    Sadowsky 24-Fret 5 Body
    Sadowsky Headstock
    2 Bartolini Tri-Coils, with Series / Parallel / Single Coil Switches
    Sadowsky Preamp
    Maple Neck
    Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
    Black Sparkle Finish

Mordern Style 6-String Signature
    Tobias (Pre-Gibson) Body Shape
    Tobias Headstock
    5-Piece Maple / Ebony / Maple / Ebony / Maple Neck
    Ebony Fingerboard
    Abalone Yin Yang Inlays
    Flamed Maple Top finished with a custom red-to black fade
    Same Electronics as on 5-String Mordern Style
    Alembic Front Laser LEDs
    Alembic Side LEDs

That would be it.

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    It's so dang hot h'ar in Texas, I'm seein' double :p

6. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    Fender Duff_Man182 4 string signature

Daphne Blue finish
    Pearloid Pickguard
    Jazz Bass Body with P Neck Rosewood Fretboard (a picture of a platypus as inlays)
    Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound Pickups
    Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings
    1 master volume control and 1 master tone control

ahhh that would be perfect :D

7. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Here's the one I want:

Fender Jazz Bass - John Davis Sig. Edition (I wish!)
    4 string
    35" scale
    Jumbo frets
    2 Soapbar pickups(active)
    Volume and EQ knobs
    Black hardware
    Pentacle inlays (NOT pentagram!!!!)
    Flat Black finish
    4x2 headstock (whatever its called, with 2 pegs on each side...im tired right now)
    No pickguard
    A Lefty model is available for all my lefty friends that I have inspired...
    and finally my signature on the first 100 produced

8. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    yea its hot here in canada, were experienceing servere(sp) thundorstroms all day with golf ball sized hail, and 80% chance of tornado. So I got thinking a status signature model would be nice.

9. My signature bass would be:

Yamaha RBX260 alder body
    Maple neck with fretless rosewood fingerboard
    1 passive P style pickup
    1 volume control, one tone control
    TI Jazz Flats

Wow, looks like my bass was already in production. I love my bass. :D

10. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    My signature bass would probably just be my Yamaha RBX460 with great pickups..I don´t know much about pickups so I can´t say what brand I think is the best..But I still love my Godin BG5! It´s just SO easy to play the Yamaha..

11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Mine would be the Henderson. If it were commercially marketed it would be available in Standard (although I wouldn't call it that), Pro and Deluxe. Specs common to all models would be as follows:

Ash or Alder Jazz bass body, Bolt-on maple neck, fretted or unlined fretless Rosewood fingerboard (maple could be an option). No inlays.

Chrome Hardware.

Bartolini Jazz pickups with TBT preamp. All models would have this.

Now for the differences:

Standard - Built in Korea where Groove Tools are made.

Pro - Built in the U.S.

Deluxe- Built in the U.S.. Neck through body, Matching headstock, optional gold hardware. Maybe more elaborate electronics. Flamed and quilted maple tops available.

Specifications subject to change without notice.:D

12. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

My signature model would be made by Pedulla.

Doubleneck, both neck through wenge/purpleheart/wenge.:) Made in the body style of the MVP/Buzz, with a medium hard V profile to both necks, and a contoured back/belly cut like a Spector.

Upper neck would be a rosewood board, Diamondkote lined fretless 6, with abalone Star of David inlays, and a fish inlaid in red abalone at the 12th (fret) position.

Lower neck would be a fretted 6, exhibition grade birdseye maple with pau abalone block inlays and a red abalone cross at the 12th fret.

Both necks would be 24 fret, and both headstocks would be overlaid with birdseye, with and amber stain to bring out the grain.

Fretless would have Bartolini soapbars with a piezo bridge, bass, mid with sweepable center and treble EQ, volume, blend, and piezo blend. Inside the cavity would be bass and treble controls for the piezo.

Fretted neck would have a Bartolini split Jazz type in the neck position, and a Duncan Basslines MM wide aperature pickup in the bridge position, with phantom coil and 3 position coil switch. Bass, mid with sweepable center and treble EQ, Volume, blend, and Thunderguts(from the Thunderbass line;)) circuit.

Hardware would be black, bridges would be ABM and tuners would be Hipshot minis, with an A detuner on both necks.

Body would be exhibition grade quilt maple, full top, finished in Planet green, with an extra large control cavity to accomodate the electronics and recuce weight, and of course the cavity would be cut from the wood of the back and would be fitted with non removeable brass screws, and threaded inserts.

All basses produced would have my actual signature under the amber stain on the upper headstock.

Of course, this would be a custom order signature bass, not a production model.:D

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Mine would be the Henderson. I have no idea who'd want to produce this, but if it were commercially marketed it would be available in Standard (although I wouldn't call it that), Pro and Deluxe. Common specs would be as follows:

Ash or Alder Jazz bass body, Bolt-on (Except Deluxe) maple neck, fretted or unlined fretless Rosewood fingerboard (maple could be an option). Side dots only.

Chrome Hardware. Schaller Strap Locks (Hey, it's what I use).

Bartolini Jazz pickups with TBT preamp. All models would have this.

Now for the differences:

Standard 5 - Built in Korea where Groove Tools are made. Black finish only. 5 string only.

Pro 4, 5 or 6 - Built in the U.S. Solid and Transparent color finishes available.

Deluxe 4, 5 or 6- Built in the U.S.. Neck through body, Matching headstock, optional gold hardware. Maybe more elaborate electronics. Flamed and quilted maple tops available. Same finish options as the Pro.

Specifications subject to change without notice.:D

14. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    62 fender jazz neck a music man string ray body with a mm were it is all ways and one jazz in the neck . a bass trem.

wait i all ready have it but not a 62 fender neck

15. A costom Ibanez BTB 5-string,
    all the same features of the 405 but with more low end punch maybe hybrid pickups, a five piece maple/wedge/rock maple/wedge/maple with rosewood finger board, through body construction and a transparent crimson finish.

16. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Ibanez 5 string SoundGear STYLE body and thru neck, mahogany body, fretless ebony fingerboard, natural finish (waxed not laminated), passive J style pups at bridge and neck, active electronics, passive/active switching, my own design headstock, mahogany knobs, black hardware, string thru. I think that's about it...

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Warwick Jason Braatz Edition Streamer & Thumb

Available either in the Streamer stage II body or thumb

Neck Thru - 4 pieces AAA flame/birdseye maple, 3 pieces wenge
    Curly Bubinga body
    Wenge fingerboard with no dot inlays, maybe something cool at the 12th fret in jade
    LED side markers and W on headstock (green)
    Dolphin Pickup configuration w/ bartolini J pickups
    Electronics - Active/Passive, Volume, neck/bridge blend, front bridge/back bridge blend, treble, mid bass (3 knobs, all stacked)
    black hardware
    brass just-a-nut I

that'd do it ;) i'll take 5. fretless and fretted 4, 2 fretted 5's, and a fretless 6.

jason

18. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    It would have a Jazz neck, explorer style body, 2 J-pickups with a P-pickup in the middle. It would have 3 volume 3 tone knobs with switches for all 3 with: off, single, and humbucker modes. The body would be painted half black, half white, with matching headstock, and the headstock would look like a knife, with a 2+2 or 3+2 style. It would be 24-fret necks in rosewood, available in fretted or fretless. And also it would be available in lefty for those who are. Hell, I might get a lefty just for the hell of it :oops:). Ah well, what fun it will be when i get it in about 10 years. Ok, everyone, enjoy your Jerry Johnson signurature model.

19. Mrtrules55

Mrtrules55

Jul 29, 2001
    Maine
    Whats with the all the fenders?

CHECK THIS MASTERPEICE OUT!
    Mine would be a double Carl thompson (i wish). 36" scale neck-through on both. One would be a 5 string fretless. The neck would be purpleheart with an ebony fingerboard. (the nice ebony from the 70s and 80s not this new ****y ebony). It would have 2 EMGs with a 3 band eq 2 tonal nobs and vol nobs of its own. Custom headstock (duh). The body would be maple/purpleheart and the pickup covers would be spanish ash or something exotic like that.

The other one would be a 7 string fretted with an extremly small string spacing. The 7th string would be a low low F# it would have 2 emgs and a bass boost with a 5 band eq and its own tonal nobs and vol nobs. same wood specs. IT WOULD HAVE THE PHATTEST BODY YOUVE EVER SEEN. Very bizzare like things u dream about. of course it would have a scroll.

OH GEEZ I HAVE AN ERECTION JUST THINKING ABOUT THIS!!!!!

20. The Tom Morris signature bass:

Fender American P-bass neck
    White P-bass body
    Black/white/black Pickguard
    Chrome hardware
    Seymour Duncan 1/4 Pounder pickup
    Ernie Ball/Swing 66 strings (whichever)