Ready to rackmount,have a question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BlackburstJBP, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Should you remove the rubber feet from the bottom of your amp when mounting it in the rack? Its an ampeg 4 pro and will be on the bottom.Thanks!!
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yes, remove the rubber feet.
  3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
  4. But don't lose them (or the screws)! If you ever sell the amp, it's good to have them for the next owner.
  5. I thought the feet would help with support.Well then after removing the feet, do you let the amp rest on the bottom?
  6. If your amp has ears on the back and your rack has rails on the back, secure the back of the amp to the back rails. Even if there's no rails, it would help if you secured the back somehow.

I use flexible plumbing strap, it's cheap and bends easily, already has holes in it too.
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I have had my SVT4 Pro racked ever since I bought it, which was about 4 years ago. The back is not fastened, and it hasn't bothered it a bit.
  8. tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    I would say that it depends if it fits with the feet on or not. Myself, if it would go into the rack, and sit on the feet such that the faceplate is square to the rails, then taking the feet off would be a mistake - they can't possiby hurt anything, and will give some shock isolation for when you move the rack around. If they DO get in the way, and the face does NOT sit square to the rack, then they do need to come off, or it will twist the amp chassis, and possibly the pc boards inside. Having said that, my GK 1001RB-II sits perfectly in my gig back with the feet on . . . .

- Tim
  9. My SVT-II is like that, and the guy who had it before didnt use any rear support, and its a fair bit heavier than the 4!

Should be fine with just the front ears secured :)