Real Book 6th edition

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Perplexer, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Perplexer

Sep 2, 2003
    I ran across this at Barnes and Noble. Published by Hal Leonard, legal, with most of the same tunes. I just glanced over it, seems to be printed from Finale in Jazz font which is pure irony the font is taken from the original illegal version.

Some mistakes seem corrected: 'Round Midnight ends in Eb6 instead of Eb-7 for example... strange, non??

Anyone else catch this publication?
  2. Yea I just bought the book after my old one pretty much fell apart. Some of the tunes from the first one aren't in there but most of um are. Also the chords are right or atleast that I see so far. It's a good book but nothing special or no big woop lol.
  3. I have a copy - it's a shame that some tunes have been dropped (e.g. "A Night In Tunisia", "Blessed Relief", "Peaches En Regalia", "Fables of Faubus", "Goodbye Pork Pie Hat" - to name but five) - however there are some new tunes (e.g. "Always", "Chitlins Con Carne") in the 6th edition. These omissions and additions mean that that the page numbering the new edition is at odds with previous editions - that's a drag, but on the other hand, the new version is only $25 (cf. previous versions ~$35). I've noticed that the web-site in Germany which hosted RB-1, 2, 3 and the LTD version (see threads passim), is no longer on-line, but I made a back-up CD before it disappeared… ;)

- Wil
  4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I have them all on disc. Oops did I say that out loud? :ninja:
  5. Chrix

Apr 9, 2004
    A Night in Tunisia is in the new book. It's just under 'Night' rather than 'A', as well as a good amount of songs starting with A (A Foggy Day, etc...) and tunes starting with 'The'...
  6. Alright, OK, You Win…

I was too busy learning to do without the lead-sheet to examine my copy closely… :rolleyes:

- Wil