SOLD Real Cow Hide for a "Cow Poke" Pickguard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bassdude51, Nov 20, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Price:
    $15
    Real cowhide with hair rough cut and over sized cut for '51 to'57 SCP Precision Basses.

At one time, I thought to make a cow hide pickguard for a slab body. Seven years later, project incomplete. Now, it's your turn! ha ha ha

Paid $60 for hunk of hide at a leather store here in Columbus, Ohio and did a rough cut and over sized cut from a '51 pickguard. Tracing of a '51 guard is seen on the back side.

If you are up to the challenge of doing a final cut and mounting the hide unto some kind of flat material, then a wonderful, real deal cow poke guard can be made. Talk about cool! Yippee-ay-o-ki-yay.

Almost forgot to add..............bass not included!

$15 shipped USA 48 only. PayPal

DSCF6861.JPG DSCF6862.JPG DSCF6865.JPG DSCF6874.JPG

2. Jimmythebass

Jimmythebass

Jul 30, 2011
    Man! That's cool. PM sent.

3. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Sold to Jimmythebass...........for $15

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021