Real deal??? Jerzy 6??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pointbass, Sep 1, 2005.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
  2. It seems rather low. Also, I don't get the RHCP thing. That and the really brief description make me suspicious.
  3. hooligans

Aug 2, 2005
    and the fact he even spelled Chilli wrong... it doesn't seem to legit to me.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    *cough* chili *cough*
  5. hooligans

Aug 2, 2005
    damn you work keyboard

6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Indeed it is, if it's real.

I don't really understand some people. Is writing three more sentences painful to them?
  7. ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Maybe the price is so low because of the chili peppers thing. :bag:
  8. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I cant seem to recall any Chili Peppers songs being done on a fretless, much less a JD.
  9. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Theyre probably lying about the chili peppers part.. unless they can prove it(ask them to!). However the starting price says nothing b/c it always goes up a lot.
  10. Hmm...I'd really like to see Flea funk it out with that bass.....has he ever played even a _fretted_ sixer??? :rolleyes:

Looks like a scam.

A JD bass like that is worth around $4000.
  11. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I've asked the seller for any additional pictures he has of the bass. Despite the sparse description and bad pic the seller does have 100% feedback and is offering Paypal as payment, so it is easy enough to pay by credit card and dispute the charge if you wind up with no bass.
  12. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Yeah, I thought the same thing myself ....... Granted, his feedback is a little old, but still very clean. And the PayPal thing always gives me more assurance that I won't get scammed too bad.

6 months ago I would have been all over this bass, but between a serious decision to hold up on bass purchases, coupled with my absolute joyful love of my FBB, I have to stay away. If it really is for real, someone is gonna end up with a smoking hot bass ........ I hope it is a TBer .... :cool:
  13. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    maybe he was just alone in a studio listening to the perppers while he was playing that bass.

That bass is worth 4560€ new out of jerzys store...
  14. markowens1234

May 2, 2004
    Maybe he has a RHCP cover band named the "Red hot CHILLY peppers", and they have been in the studio before. Heh, If it is legit, why would he not just type a little bit more and eliminate suspicion? Why wouldn't he just do that anyways? Seems shady.