Real good music shops arround the border with Tijuana

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Heffer_panacea, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Hi everyone, i thinks this is my first post.
    I'am from Mexico adn live near Tijuana, and i have been playin bass for almost 2 years by now. Recently i got some extra money added to my weak savings and have the opotunity to get a better bass (i' ve got and Ibanez GSR200) and on Tijuana or my hometown arent very good prices or basses, so my only choice to get a decent bass is to travel to the U.S.
    So my quesiton for you guys is where can i find music shops near the border (San Diego, Otay, Chuila Vista) that i can find basses arround the 400 -500 bucks????
    I was thinking to go for a 5 string bass rather than a 4 and i have been seraching on ebay to see prices on used basses and i have seen real good deals, but the only place i' ve visited to shop musical insturments its a guitar center (i dont really remember the location) but there aren' t too many used insturments and my budget its a little bit short.

Thanks for your pattience and help, and have a nice day :bassist: , Jose.
  2. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    There is a place called whittiker music in chula Vista. It's on third Ave on your right if your coming from the border
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whitaker. They have middle-of-the-road stuff, probably what you're looking for. I don't know if they deal or not.

If you go out the 805 to 94 to 125 another 15 minutes, there's a Guitar Center in Grossmont Center. They have gobs of basses and will deal with you. I'd go to the GC.
  4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I hate that guitar center personally. If you're going to guitar center in San Diego might as well drive the other 30 miles and go to San Marcos.

I just can't get over how sad it seems to see 40+ year old men dressed up like rockers and working retail.
  5. MisterV619

May 15, 2006

How's the music store situation in TJ since you made this post back in 2005? Any improvements? Looking for a MIM Fender Jazz and was hoping to find favorable pricing in TJ. I'm heading "a Coahuila" next weekend.