1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Real Madrid fires Capello!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jkritchey, Jun 28, 2007.

1. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    (Keeping the love going in OT)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6248514.stm
    Apparently winning La Liga with inspired play down the stretch is not enough for the Real Madrid board as they fired Fabio Capello with 2 years left on his contract.

I'm a little surprised as they won the a trophy for the first time in four years under his guidance, and at the end of the season they were far fitter and more enthusiastic in their play than they had been in a while.

But apparently his mishandling of the Beckham situation was all the board needed to make the change.

To Capello's credit, he openly admitted he made a mistake with Beck's and changed his approach; Beckham turned them into a great team the last half dozen games.

Is it Beckham's fault?!? Discuss...

2. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I dont think it has much to do with Beckham. I'd say he just never got along with his players and ever since the rumor he was to be fired was known, they started playing better, thus the firing happening now.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021