Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Realist jack

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Steve Bassman, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Steve Bassman

Steve Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I'm wondering how most folks install the jack on this pickup. I recall seeing the jack parallel to the G string with hole facing downwards (no jokes, please), but I've found that it's more stable when placed below the string ball ends behind the tailpiece and perpendicular to the strings like the Underwood jack (but on the opposite side of ther tailpiece). The jack is held snug against the tailpiece this way and the ball ends hold it in place very nicely. Is this the proper way? What do most Realist users do?

- Steve

http://kaybass.home.att.net

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I'd say do whatever works. I recently installed the FullCircle and mounted the jack like your description of the common Realist jack-mount. The thing I like about this mounting is that the cord tends to pop out when your cords gets tripped over instead of wrenching on the bass.