Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Realistic and K&K Double Big Twin

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ejuzek, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Cheers !!!!

Does anyone had any experience blending a Realistic and a Double Big Twin ???

I used to have problems with the K&K DBT on low volume (situations) it handle it superb ! but on very loud (lousy drummers, etc.) it gave me a lot of feedback...

And I changed it for a realistic but on Load Volumes... no highs at all... So that´s why I´m thinking about getting a K&K blender....

Any Comments....

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    The Double Big Twin is a very feedback prone pickup, probably because it's very heavy on the highs in a "Fishmanlike" kind of way. This might well make it a good companion to the Realist, which is dark as a moonless night. Personally, I prefer the Bass Max over both, BUT....if you were to buy a two channel blender, you could use mostly Realist and blend in a little high end from the DBT and probably brighten your sound a bit and avoid some feedback that way. Plus, even if you still didn't care for the sound, you'd still have a two channel blender, which might come in handy later. Best of luck.

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Chris, I've you've got a DBT handy, try it with the Fishman blender. My paradigms are shifting....

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

You lost me. I no longer have the DBT - I chopped it up and fashioned it into a second Bass Max. What results do you get with the Fishman, and what the hell is going on with your paradigms?

5. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I tried my Bass Master Pro with the Fishman blender and it sounds fantastic! The DBT half of it gets so much low end now, where it didn't get that much before. I'll have to do a gig with it (friday, I guess), but I think I've found my combination. Very sweet.

6. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Issat really the best you could do?

You're slipping. :D