Reality Check

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Since posting that clip of Sekou Bunch with his new Carvin bass, I went back and looked at the first time I ever heard of him: the Tom Browne hit, "Thighs High." For the life of me, I could not play that song back in 1981. The slap was too fast, and the song sounded to my ears like it was below E, and I was not into detuning back then.

For the first time in forever, I tried to play that song, and it was almost too easy. The only tricky thing was the muting, and it is actually in E minor, I think.

The bottom line is that I am happy that I can pretty much play whatever I hear now, even though I still need to improve my formal theory. It is still humbling to think that twenty-eight years later, I can now easily play a bassline that Sekou Bunch created when he was he was 17 or 18!:bag:

2. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Reality Check?

*runsintowall

Yep, still works...

:bag:

I kinda know what you mean. It's a good sign really, shows how much one has improved over time.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021