Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Really awful PETA video

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The 0x, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    *** Link deleted *** This almost turned me vegitarean, it's so awful (and I'm practically a carnivore). I'm wondering if PETA set this up, but I really don't think even they would go to this much trouble to do this. I just hope all pig farms aren't like this. :eek: :crying: :bawl: :( [​IMG]

Edited by JMX

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not going click on this because I can tell by the things you compared it to that I will be grossed out by it.

Can I ask you a few questions?

Is that something thats suitable for everyone to see?
    Will people be disturbed by it?

Do you think you could have described what you saw without posting this?

I have a feeling this shouldnt have been posted here.

Peace
    Nick

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hmmm...well you have made me scared to watch. Anyone want to let me know how bad it really is?

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Number one, PETA 10 times of 10 turns political, so don't even bother. Number two, I'm not going to download the vid, not something I care to see. Number three, if it is that horrible, what the HELL are you thinking posting it here? This isn't HC, use some common sense.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah!

-Mike

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Alright, it's not that bad, but it shows how pigs get abused while they're slaughtered. It left me speechless. :(

7. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    It shows piggies being mistreated, and shizz. If moderators don't think a pig getting it's throat slit is suitable for all ages, I suggest you close the thread.

8. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Its not like you see gutts or anything. Its just realy sad. Ive been to pig farms before and know other people who have raised pig and hogs. They raise them in large pins with access to shelter and open range. As far as I know, this type of farm like in this video, only happens in the east coast states. This is wrong.

9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I'll leave it up to them to decide whether it's suitable, and they can close it.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    You're right, what would I know.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    OK, I watched it. I have never seen any of the PETA stuff, so I thought maybe I should inform myself where my bacon/sausage/pork chops come from.

That video ticked me off. I hope I never see those worthless punks who seemed to get their kicks abusing animals. Man, I am upset right now. No more pork for me, ever.

In all honesty, thank you for the link Ox, it opened my eyes.

-Mike

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Is it something that should be left up?

If not, could you just describe it. Im not watching it but I would like to know.

Peace
    Nick

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

My friend described it to me...it sounds like a bunch of sadists torturing pigs until they die (sawing heads off while they are alive etc).

What I want to know is what does this have to do with normal farms? It didn't sound like one, nor did it apparently claim to be footage of one.

Don't think I will be watching it.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nick..........It is not gross as far as graphic violence goes. They do show a pig with a slit throat bleeding on the ground. They show another guy slitting a pigs throat and watching it bleed. The same guy starts skinning the pig a few minutes later, which is gross, but there are not blood and guts flying around the screen. The video is shown from several feet away, so it isn't like a blood and guts video.

Jared.....there is no video of pigs getting their heads sawed off. Whoever told you that was trying to scare you.

What is disturbing to me is the brutality of these morons. One guy throws a cinder block on a pigs head twice. They are shown ruthlessly beating lame pigs with HUGE pipe wrenches, and metal poles.

I would not call this video "gross". I would call it disturbing, and shocking. It evoked this rage inside of me as I watched these grown men laughing while they beat disabled/lame pigs in the head until they died. I am very mad, and also very upset/sad that animals are treated this way. Up until today, I ate them.

Seriously, I am thinking of giving up meat. I don't know if I can eat any more meat knowing what I do now.

Don't get me started on the puppy mill video. I nearly cried as I viewed that one....seriously, and I am a grown man.

-Mike

15. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I know what you mean, MJ. I'm just worried that i'm going to have nightmares from this, like getting my throat slit and then having a cinderblock thrown on my head. :eek: :( :bawl: :help:

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    So why not give everyone else nightmares?

17. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Just something to be aware of. :ninja:

18. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.