Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Really cheap home-made cabinet dealer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slick519, Jul 24, 2002.

1. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    ok, I feel really stupid. I was looking at a post a long time ago, and it was about a man who made nice, cheap, bass cabinets. I have searched for the thread that i saw them on, but for the life of me, i jsut cant seem to find it!

If you could please give me the link, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

=w=slicks=w=

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    you could try www.speakerhole.com. There are a few threads here you can search on. I personally have not used them, but a handful of people here have. I know they used to sell a lot of gear on ebay.

Good luck.

3. jlmorgan

jlmorgan

May 12, 2002
    Don't know if this is what your looking for but check out www.avatarspeakers.com. Many people around here seem to think highly of them and they are pretty inexpensive as far as cabinets go.

4. Try Avatar. I own their B210 and their B115, and I'm very satisfied with both of them.

5. I can vouch for the BA18.1 from http://www.speakerhole.com I've taken my 5 string with my HA3500, and detuned the B-string until it flopped around...and it never lost a clear sound....and I've used ^1 and ^2 octave FX and not lost my definition....And it's thumpy as all get out...Seriously worth the $100 I spent on it...

6. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    Thanks alot guys, Avatar was exactly teh place i was looking for. and now that you guys point out speaker hole, im gonna look around over there too!

thanks,
    =w=slicks=w=

7. I would go with the Avatars. I have the 4x10 and 1x15. They are amazing with a Hartke 3500 head. If you want a lighter load then get the 2x10 and 1x15. The 1x15 makes the rig so sweet, gives great low end. And the best part is the cabs are cheap for great sound.

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have actually met the Speakerhole jokers and they are good guys who make a decent product. In fact, my last band bought PA cabs from them that have stood the test of time.

9. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    cool, thanks for the info, but, how good is a speaker for a hundred bucks?

thanks,
    =w=slicks=w=