really cool custom warwick on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Aug 2, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=896163467

check out this thing! it's like an ss2, but with an ash body and maple/wenge neck with MAPLE board. used to be owned by alphonso johnson.

i really wonder what this bass would sound like. probably not like a "true" warwick, but maybe more like some other high end builders that build basses out of similar materials. (fodera for example)

if i had the cake, i'd buy it just to see what it sounded like!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(btw, i'm not affiliated with this auction at all...i'm just really curious about this bass)

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    It looks like a Jimmy Earl edition Streamer Stage 2 in natural.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well aren't you ms. smarty panties. :p

4. I thought so too, at first, but didn't the Jimmy Earl model have the same kind of neck as the regular SS II, i e one made predominantely out of wenge? The neck on this bass looks more like the neck of an early nineties SS I to me.
    BTW, I remember seeing someone whoose name I can't seem to recall, pictured in Bass Player all these years ago who had a regular (maple bodied) SS I with a maple fingerboard. As if the standard SS I wasn't bright enough...
    Sure looked cool, just like the Ebay one, though. What is the seller asking for it BTW?

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Andrew Levy form BNH is pictured in BP with one.

6. Isn't that a Jimmy Earle signature, or at least a SS II, with an ugly paintjob? The one I'm thinking about was a regular, natural, SS I, but with a maple fingerboard. Also, the guy who played it was American, but lived and worked in Germany. Still can't remember his name, maybe 'cause I never heard of him anywhere else.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well it's at 1200 now with the reserve met.

a good price i'd say.

8. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    The seller and current high bidder both have 0 feedback and glasses. I wonder which ones' gonna get ripped off? I hope it's both... poetic justice.

9. Mindwolf

Mindwolf

Jan 12, 2001
    Hey, everyone has to start somewhere, right? I bought a microphone with 0 and glasses. Now I have a big 2 and no glasses. No ripping off involved.

10. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Just kidding around
    I know you gotta start somewhere, so everyone starts off buying with 0 and sunglasses, but I wouldn't bother selling anything until I had at least bought a couple of things first... maybe just some cheap trinkets to build feedback, or whatever.

11. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    eh - If I was going to get an SSII I'd get a "real" one! :)

12. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i already have a REAL one so this one would be something cool and different!

i've gotta get a 4 string and a fretless 6 first tho...so theres no way i could have pulled the trigger on this one. i wonder how much it would be to replicate new?