1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Really cool Haunted/abandon building

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by flakeh, Jul 24, 2007.

1. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Howdy, just thought i'd share this with you all.

Just outside town theres this really old, abandon and notoriously haunted building that was formerly an all girls school. About 12 people have died in it, 6 of those were all teen suicides. Anyway, No one currently owns the building, so its in pretty bad shape. There is a big fine for being on the property (1500$) Not alot of people go in it, becuase well, the last person that hung themselves was..messy..and they didn't really clean it up. theres blood stains all down this one stairwell, and the rope is still in the attic.

Anyway, me and a bunch of friends went out there today, and we went threw everything. we were in there for about 6 hours. We went from top to bottem. into the 3rd basement and into the walk in freezers and all that. We even walked for 30 minutes inside a sewer pipe to get to the 'dungeon' as its called.

We only got two pictures, as my camera kinda died after two. So I'll go back during the week to get more.

Without further ado, here is the pictures.

alma2.

This is of one of the stairwells. Sorry, I had the camera set to 'black and white' when i took it. then the camera died. So i couldn't take it again. Someone hung them self right above where i was standing.

alma1.

This is of the backside of the building. The first outcropping kinda thing is the 'messy' stairwell. the gap in-between the two outcroppings is where another guy hung himself. the window on the right that is open is where a guy jumped. In the window above it a guy shot himself. Aaaand in the window furthest away, another person jumped.

Hope you all enjoyed. I should have more pics up soon!

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Awesome! I love stuff like this. I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or anything but for some reason I am obsessed with the paranormal! My brother took some awesome photo's of an abandoned asylum in Melbourne, I'll try and find them and post them!

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Kinda the same here. I do believe in ghosts and spirits only becuase i've experienced them first hand. Most of them in this building.

Old buildings like these are so interesting and fun. I love going in there bcuase its just so, cool and neat inside. I found a junction box (for the elecltronics. this was a 32-bus breaker) and i'm going to turn it into an effect of some kind for bass!

theres also an abandon half torn down warehouse on the way to this building. theres vehicles inside, and couches...and stuff like that. I might snap a few of those sometime too.

4. CCCCCCCCRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm smelling a work here.

6. You should get Bad Brains into that place.

I'd love to see the kind of pictures he'd produce.

7. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    If you are into old buildings, there is an amazing book by Henry Adams (grandson of John Quincy Adams, great-grandson of John Adams) on Mont Saint Michel and Chartres. Adams main concern is the spirit of the buildings. His evidence, architectural and historical, only backs up his points on the character of the cathedrals.

He might be one of the first modern male historians to take great interest in gender. I have to warn you that it is an incredibly dense book. It can take a great reader a month to read it properly. Those who do never look at buildings the same way.

8. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada

It smells like someone went to work inside the building...:eyebrow:

That is too say, it smells old and musty in there.

Anther fun fact for everyone. The movie 'silent hill' has several scenes filmed in it. Yah know the part when the girl runs into the classroom and sees the two handprints on the desk? That scene is filmed in the room on the left with the open window. The scene were she is running threw the basement is in the building too.

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I can't see the pictures. :(

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    SPOOKY!!

11. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    its the ghosts i say!

try reloading the page.

12. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Got 'em. I closed Firefox and restarted it. Cool shots, would love to see more if you ever get them.

There's a house not too far from me that has been abandoned for as long as I can remember. It's been somewhat boarded up but there were cracks in the boards and you could see from the road that part of the roof had collapsed.

About two years ago a woman from the town next to mine disappeared and they found her car in a supermarket not far from her house, but there was no sign of her. They questioned her husband and were investigating him but nothing ever came of it and they never got any leads. About six months laster a police officer noticed from the road that the front door of that house was ajar. He checked it out and found a badly decomposed body on a blanket and pillow in the living room of the house. Once they ran the tests they realized it was her. She somehow got a prescription for sleeping pills, walked the few miles from the supermarket where she got them to that house (man, what a depressing walk THAT must have been ...), swallowed the pills, laid down, and went to sleep.

The house got A LOT creepier after that. I'm amazed the township hasn't torn it down since then but all they was board it up more securely. I'm even more surprised that the neighbors haven't demanded it come down.

13. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Thats creepy. With the 6 suicides that happened here, the police were called before the person killed themselves. So there was no decomposed bodies or anything to be found, just...someone hanging in a staircase.

Also, It appears my camera is trashed. I guess it got wet or something. it won't turn on or anything. So,if I bought a disposable camera, Do you think the person developing the film would get suspicious that theres pics of a building that is illegal to be in?

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Nice stuff, but you sure wouldn't catch me creeping around in there!

I have a friend who is part of the 28 Days Later crew (a group of people who enter disused and abandoned properties and take photographs and document the stuff they find). He has recently been to a disused mental asylum that is about 12 miles from where I live. Apart from it looking a bit spooky, it's actually illegal to enter the site, so hence, I wouldn't be going!

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'm still not buying it. The first pic obviously was not taken in a B&W lens only, it has a filter added. The second one has all kinds of lines of resolution like it was snapped from a TV, or is a still from a crappy video.

Just curious....when does the part come where "I finally got the pics to upload, but look at the weird stuff going on.....is it from the camera getting wet, or is it.........GHOSTS?!!!!!!!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7 rolleyes salute, and no soup for you.

16. My brother and I go around abandoned buildings documenting them, taking photographs and getting background information. We've been to countless sites, Mental Asylums, hospitals, TB asylums, hostels, schools, old stately homes, castles, military bases, RAF bases, industrial sites; factories and plants, power stations.

17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  18. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    you mean there are places that treat my talkbass addiction?

:D
    there's this one abandoned house in my neighborhood, albeit recently abandoned. it practically has no more roof, everything's boarded up, overgrown bushes, electricity and water have been shut off from it for years, but yet there was still an old man who lived there until around last year- in the same state it's in now. i think the moved him to a home. the worst part is, none of his neighbors would help him with anything, not even when hurricanes came around.

19. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Are you calling me a lair? Are you saying I'm trying to be an attention whore by leading you all on a trip of pictures, leading up to edited ones with 'ghosts' in them? If so, please leave my thread.

I have more pics now. Actually. i was there all day today. the first pic i accidently had the b&w setting on. trust me on that one. the second is blurry becuase its out of focus. Any more calls of fraudulence?

said pictures for the non-believers in my integrity. I was in there alone today so No, there is no pictures of me in there. Maybe I'll take some of me in there tommorow.

alma3.
    walking towards the building.

alma4.
    random hallway

s579325649_804612_4035.
    On the roof

alma5.
    another stairwell

alma6.
    Random room ( the people in this pic i saw in here. there from some commitee trying to save the building,they sent a few vids to bam margera becuase he buys these kinda buildings, so they said. its not a ghost)

alma8.
    First level basement

alma9.
    second level basement (AKA 'dungeons')

alma10.
    Front room

alma11.
    Some hallway

church.
    The church. (this pic is old. Its from my brothers camera. I'm pretty sure thats on of his friends standing near the alter. Its not a ghost.)

Need any more proof?

20. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I like abandoned buildings. We have a huge collection of pre-depression roaring 1920's abandoned skyscrapers downtown. The stuff facinates me.