1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Really cool Tal Wikenfeld clip

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Check this girl out, can she play or what? Glad that she is carrying forward what Paul Jackson and Jaco have started, without all the pyrotechniques that a lot of of these Fodera 6 string guys are doing these days
    A 4 string Sadowsky Jazz.... apparently that's all you need

slagheap, kobass, Snowglo and 4 others like this.
  2. Just found this. it is old. The part I liked was :40-:45

That's it. Just thought it hilarious having Steven Tyler sing you the bass part, and then getting it.

Bob_Ross and jerry like this.
  3. She's all woman, and yes she can play.

fretlessguy likes this.
  4. Aquilador

Aquilador

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Hey! I posted the exact same link on another thread about female bass players.
    Unbeknown to me you got yours in first though.:thumbsup:

Yes, she's really impressive.

ibateur likes this.
  5. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    She sure can play but I find her stuff boring since it sounds like Jaco.

6. Aquilador

Aquilador

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    No mean feat to play like Jaco!
    I suppose it is nice that Jaco's inspiration and influence lives on through today's young players.

7. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    Doesn't mean you should sound exactly like him on a fretted bass. Lick and actual tone... It would be more interesting if his influance push young player to go beyond the instrument instead of being a clone.

8. Aquilador

Aquilador

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    Yes, fair point!

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Tal has been doing a lot of session work for the likes of Jackson Browne etc. I assure you she is not copping Jaco's tone on those records.

Rocker949 and blue4 like this.
  10. Unfortunately the first video won't show here in Australia. Are there any alternate links to it?

Love seeing such a young Aussie girl taking on the world...and winning. It appears that she's using a pick while Tyler is singing the riff to her. Also love the fact that she's known as "Jeff Beck's bass player" these days. :bassist:

Can't recall Jaco using a pick?? The fact that she's getting noticed for so many styles shows the skills she has.

11. Aquilador

Aquilador

Apr 16, 2017
    UK
    I first saw her on a DVD my son bought me - Crossroads featuring a show that Clapton had set up for guitarists to all hang out.
    She was playing with Jeff Beck and I thought... Wow!

She has such small hands and was totally in control of a full 34" scale bass.

I'm not very big either and there's me complaining that I can only feel happy with a short scale bass...
    Hah! That put me in my place.

12. OnTheOneBaby

OnTheOneBaby

Sep 4, 2013
    What a huge, I mean tremendous musical journey for Tal from

here

to Vancouver

13. Thegrandwazoo

Thegrandwazoo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2013
    West Virginia
    I'm consistently flabbergasted by her abilities considering the size of her arms/hands. I mean, she'd be world-class if she was 6'3", but the distinct disadvantage she's at for bass playing makes it the more impressive. Plus I'm a little bit in love with her, haha!

slagheap likes this.
  14. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area

Her vocals seemed off in the second video. The whole band sounded off really.

15. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I saw her here in Phoenix last September when she went on tour to promote her new band and album.

n721wj.

One of the most enjoyable concerts in recent history.