Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Really impressed with a pair of Wizzy's!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I've been using a pair of Bag End D10X-D cabs with an EBS HD-350 head. While I am thrilled by the sound (and headroom), I wanted to find some lighter cabs for smaller gigs.

I bought a pair of EZ Wizzy's from a fellow TB'er and I am pleasantly surprised by what I hear!

First time out - I used them at an outside gig and was taken back by the big bottom, smooth midrange and sweet top end these cabs kicked out.

Believe me - you won't miss having a separate tweeter and crossover! All the top end you need is there!

I just wanted to mention this because I don't see all that many threads about the Wizzy's lately - and for the price / weight ratio, I think it's a hard cab to beat!

Any others out there using Wizzy's that share the same opinion???

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Absolutely! Two Wizzys with the EA iAMP500 = one of my favorite small rigs. I love the light weight and warm sonic nature of those cabs. They sound GOOD! And they're great at load-in/out. ;)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Man, I am soooooo tempted to swap out my UL110, and NYC112 from Epifani to go this route. I just can't force myself to let them go. The temptation will always be there though. :)

-Mike

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Yup, I do believe I share that opinion. :bag:

Glad you like them.

5. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    i was really close to tryin some of the EA stuff but i need a new PA too. it would take a lot longer to get things rollin if i were to spend that much on my rig alone since im buying a piece every couple pay checks. im sure someday my GAS will get the best of me though. until then i will read your reviews in envy. :p