1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Really impressed with a pair of Wizzy's!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass-only, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I've been using a pair of Bag End D10X-D cabs with an EBS HD-350 head. While I am thrilled by the sound (and headroom), I wanted to find some lighter cabs for smaller gigs.

I bought a pair of EZ Wizzy's from a fellow TB'er and I am pleasantly surprised by what I hear!

First time out - I used them at an outside gig and was taken back by the big bottom, smooth midrange and sweet top end these cabs kicked out.

Believe me - you won't miss having a separate tweeter and crossover! All the top end you need is there!

I just wanted to mention this because I don't see all that many threads about the Wizzy's lately - and for the price / weight ratio, I think it's a hard cab to beat!

Any others out there using Wizzy's that share the same opinion???

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Absolutely! Two Wizzys with the EA iAMP500 = one of my favorite small rigs. I love the light weight and warm sonic nature of those cabs. They sound GOOD! And they're great at load-in/out. ;)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Man, I am soooooo tempted to swap out my UL110, and NYC112 from Epifani to go this route. I just can't force myself to let them go. The temptation will always be there though. :)

-Mike

4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Yup, I do believe I share that opinion. :bag:

Glad you like them.

5. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    i was really close to tryin some of the EA stuff but i need a new PA too. it would take a lot longer to get things rollin if i were to spend that much on my rig alone since im buying a piece every couple pay checks. im sure someday my GAS will get the best of me though. until then i will read your reviews in envy. :p