Really nice IBANEZ on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  2. my buddy just got one just like that for about 200 bucks used... and it isnt as nice as it looks.
    its all looks
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    i would LOVE to have one of those.. i played one at Sam Cash.. they are AWESOME basses!! :D
  4. Wow, isn't "really nice Ibanez" an oxymoron?:D
  5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    not at all.

that is one helluva bass. if it were a 5 id consider making a deal trading my USA ATK 5 for it. yes i have played one..... er uh..... i had to sit down. we'll leave it at that.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The USA Custom Shop Ibanez models are indeed top notch basses, better than the Japanese, and the Koreans don't even deserve mention in the same sentence.

Too bad the Soundgear marque has been tarnished by all of the issues with the Korean models. I predict that his reserve will not be met.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Embellisher is spot on. Ibanez, like most companies, make some awesome instruments, only to be tarnished by lower end models. I'd play a higher end Ibanez, or custom model any time. The SRs are good basses, when you get a good one, but real stinkers when you get a lemon.

I got a good one, fortunately.
  8. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Unfortunately, the Korean Soundgears are all you're going to get on the new market. Ibanez no longer makes instruments in the U.S.
  9. wasnt the high end ibanez basses actually a low model warrior or something like that... thats what i remember reading some time back
  10. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I have no clue what you're talking about INGL, but I would doubt they had any affiliation with Warrior, but I'm not really sure.

I've played two USA soundgears, both were top notch. The 4 string had a bigger neck than the USA's, and it was much more comfortable (for me). The EMGs/Bartolinis, neckthru, and ebony fingerboard really help.