Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Really now, did he need to pull a gun on me?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I went down to Santa Clarita to visit my family at my aunt's house...

Were they live, there is a lot of little valleys and such with not much going on in them.

My cousin takes his truck out there almost daily and messes around...

The land is owned by Edison Power, and the guys never give him any flack. They even get in on the fun... So apparently, they don't care that we were there.

We were heading up a hill, my truck couldn't quite make it. As I was trying it one more time, a dirtbike appeared at the top, and he wasn't moving... He told us to back up, and started coming down.

Sherriff's Department.

He parks his bike, pulls his gun, points it at the truck, and tells us to show us our hands.

He comes over, takes my license, and tells me to back my truck back down the hill. I told him to let me turn around, because I wouldn't be able to get past one of the ruts in reverse... He lets me. Oh, and he finally put his weapon away.

We drive over to the two other Bike cops, and one cop in an Expedition... We are taken out of the vehicle one by one, and frisked.

"Do you have any pot or beer in the truck, son?"

"No sir."

At which point, he gives me a "Yeah right" look.

He searched the truck... Halfway through throwing my stuff around, he decided it might be a good idea to ask my permission. I said yes.

So, after they are done throwing my stuff around, they write me up for destruction of private property, trespassing private property, and trespassing in a closed national forest.

Destruction of private property because 50 yards away from the hill I was climbing was a power line tower. And apparently I was destroying the base.

The trespassing closed national forest is BS... It is fenced off all in that area, so I would have had to physically break through the fence.

So, basically... the only thing I'm truely guilty of is trespassing. Which should be easy to beat because Edison doesn't care.

Then we went back to the entrance and took a picture of the driveway we used to get in... there is no visible sign that says anything about trespassing.

The no trespassing sign is next to the other drive way, 50 yards away... hanging crooked by one bolt.

Also, he messed up the write up.

I am not the registered owner of the vehicle like he said... and I don't live on "Tierra Money "Avenue"

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Just be thankful you wasn't black. You would've been shot 5 times in the back, because he feared for his life........and they would've sprinkled some crack on you!

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Well, I was playing Tupac when he pulled up. :p

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You're so black.

5. well, you do look intimidating

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Its a good thing he didn't find your smack or your works.

7. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Lmao.

8. Nothing unusual or surprising here, just your (your parents'?) tax dollars put to good use.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "He searched the truck... Halfway through throwing my stuff around, he decided it might be a good idea to ask my permission. I said yes."

Yep, tax dollars at work. :rolleyes:

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    If a cop messes up a write up and the thing goes to court doesn't that mean you get a way with it because your not the person on the sheet of paper

11. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

but if nothing was posted, as he says, he should be clear.

At least that's how it works around my parts. There are giant no trespassing signs on many backroads and trails to prove it.

12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Not here, apparently. My two uncles are cops too... one here in bako, the other down in riverside.

They said it was still valid even though he messed up because they can still find me info via drivers license number and my phone number...

plus i signed the promise to appear.

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

It was posted... it just wasn't visible from where we entered.

14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Do you have your own Blog somewhere on the web, Mike? :p

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Mikey, as I'm sure your Dad has told you, there are douchebags in every job, and you apparently ran into a couple of them. As far as woodchucks typical race baiting paranoia.....I guess it speaks for itself.

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Was this incident before or after you joined the Marines?

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You're lookin' at it.

brad cook

18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

If he had just had his hand on his pistol, that would have been one thing...

But pulling his pistol out, and pointing it at us when we had our hands up before he even had his gun out.... sheesh.

Me, my skinny ass 16 year old cousin, my skinny ass 17 year old cousin, and my preppy 18 year old cousin apparently look very threatening.

I mean, it took 4 weekend cops to take us down.

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Like I said. Douchebags. Pulling the sidearm is appropriate when THERE IS A REAL DANGER TO AN OFFICER OR SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE.....or at least a VERY REAL chance of that danger.

20. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

Must've belonged to the troll that lived under the bridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.