Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Really off topic: Pant height

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, May 22, 2004.

1. I usually wear fairly tight/good fitting clothes. My pants are no exception; I wear them at a pretty high level; well, higher than most people my age's; very slightly under bellybutton level.

Now, in the summer, I notice that it can become very hard to uhhh... breath? I tried loosening my belt to the point where the pants just go to their natural height, which is maybe around average for a college-age male... I notice that this is sooo much more airy and I can let myself breath alot better in the heat of summer.

Do you guys change your pant height seasonably as well? I notice this is almost necesary for me to wear my pants low in the heat as it's just so uncomfortable (itchy) otherwise.

I know, I know this thread probably will get some mention on the DB forums.

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Since I'm quite tall and quite thin (about 6'4, and 135lbs; 194 cms and about 65 kgs), its hard for me to find trousers that fit well, so most of them are a bit loose; therefore I always wear them a bit lower (though not the lo-riding pants height)

And whats that with the DB forum? :eyebrow:

3. I were my pants to where my butt starts. And that's how I've always worn them.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As do I. Sometimes they slip a little lower, but my boxers more than cover and possible cleavage issues.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    pants normally 1/2 way down my ass. just before it curves round.

shows of my sexuale pound store plaid boxers.

(i hope thats the right emo answer)

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Only if the belt holding them up is studded, and the pants are either tight jeans, or Dickies brand pants.

7. Two very emo pant related points.

8. hey, slightly off topic from the really off topic ummm.... topic. but, i think cameron diaz is an alien. she wears incredibly low slung pants, and i have never seen her butt crack. and everyone knows, aliens don't have butt cracks. i mean.... her pants are waaaaay down there. it kind of freaks me out. i've never seen her eat, but i would bet one american dollar that she somehow injests her food through her forehead, directly into her frontal lobe. aliens without butt cracks do that kind of thing.

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Caroline?

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    white leather with black studs?

and theyre kinda big actually. not very tight at all. ****.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Two strikes.

Black w/ silver pyramid studs.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Thats just too "in the box". I'm just too much of a progressive emo kid for Black w/ silver pyramid

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Emo? Progressive?

You sure don't sound like you're on a quest to be as emo as humanly possible. You fail.

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I can live with that.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dammit, boy, you'd better be either crying in real life or blogging this.

Do you want to be emo or not?

...that's it. I'm now your official Emo Coach. Hit the ground and give me 20 trite lyrics involving the night sky. NOW MISTER!

16. I don't care. She's still hot.

17. haha! kaz has the hots for an alien! you don't know if she's even really a she!

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    1. my heart is the night sky, cold black and sterile
    2. im so sensitive the night sky makes me want to cry
    3. the night sky is the opening to my lonliness
    4. i looked into the night sky but all i could see was her
    5. i tried to write a song about the night sky, but i soon ran out of ideas
    6. the night sky (repeat x20)
    7. but i cannot bear to look at the night sky
    8. i am a love ninja, working alone at night

okay, im all out of inspiration :'(

19. 9-the night sky reminds me that my soul is as black as my coffee

20. i can't imagine taking advice involving pants from anyone who isn't grabbing their crotch!