1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Really Punchy Head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by the_hoople, Aug 27, 2007.

1. the_hoople

the_hoople

Sep 26, 2006
    Hello all:D

I'm really feeling the GAS for a really punchy head. It'll be run by two GK Neo 112's, so I have the punch in the cab category. I've looked at the GK 700RB-II, just because I'm one who thinks that matching head and cabs look sexy, but am not limited by it at all. Please give me any recommendation, but try to keep it under a $800. If I can get a better bang for my buck by going used, I would definitely prefer it.

2. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    you can get a bran new rb1001 for 600. the gk heads are ultra punchy and from my experience dont think you could get a better head for the gk neos.

3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    +1

a GK 100 1RB II from rmc would be my choice.

4. HeavyFingers

HeavyFingers

Mar 18, 2006
    NOVA
    +1 for the GK 1001rbII - I love mine. I've also heard (though never played) that the Kustom 1200 is a really punchy head.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    The Thunderfunk is a very quick and punchy head, but seeing as you are using GK cabs, i'd recommend the 1001RBII too!

6. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    I recently had a 1001RBII and replaced it with a used ThunderFunk that I paid $525 for. There is no comparison in punch and overall tone, the TF rules!!

7. Feast

Feast

May 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    everyone beat me to the 1001rbII off rmc. damn its a good deal