1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Really weird dream

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Apr 25, 2006.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    A dream I had a while ago, that was so weird and that I remembered so vividly that I thought I would tell you about it.

It begins with me walking home from school. Upon nearing my house I realize that I am not wearing a shirt or shoes. (No one on the street seemed to pay any attention). So I remember that I left them at school somehow, and then I head back to my school. When I get there, I'm walking along the hallway which all of a sudden turns into a gym. And there is some girl there wearing my clothes (she looks to be arounbd 40), and she's working out. I tell her that I need my clothes, and she says ok.

Next, all of a sudden I'm in a car, taking a driving lesson (I already have my license) and this girl who was wearing my clothes is now my instructor. We're driving along god knows where, and I'm doing fine, and we're having mindless chit chat as I drive.

Then, all of a sudden I'm walking down the street with a cleaning lady (can't remember if this is also the car/gym lady). We go into one of her client's house to clean. She grabs something to steal (maybe a candle holder) and as she is putting it behind her back the owner of the house comes in. He's a big tall guy, black, and I think he was wearing a basketball jersey. She goes up to him, but then he turns into a fish. His fish head is separated from his fish body. Next thing you know, she's holding his 2 pieces while kneeling by the fire. She throws one of the parts in the fire and eats the other raw (I can't remember which part she eats).

Weird eh?

The only part that I can attribute to some relevance is that I recently read a character sketch by Capote where he follows some cleaning lady around for the day. Other than that, the whole thing really came out of left field.

You psych majors can have a fun time with that one. :smug:

2. you know what that dream means...

3. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    yes, he's pregnant.

Greg

4. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Pffft, I already knew that. :rolleyes:

And I don't know what the dream means. In fact, I don't believe it means anything, just a random sequence of events.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    are you single? Because that would explain a lot.... :p:p

6. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Okay... I'll take the bait!

I had a dream just this morning... during that 'rapid-eye-movement' moment... So, I'm playing my bass... just me in the dream picture so far... then suddenly some big dude appears, and he says something... what? I don't recall... but whatever he said apparently offended me. So, with bass still hanging on my shoulder, I approach him and say something like, "What did you say...?" The big dude was ready to assault me, but I took a big swing at him first...

...only to discover that, in reality, I just punched my wife in the nose... for real! She lets out a startled, sleepy-headed yelp of sorts, but we both simply go back to sleep. Well, like I said, this was in that REM mode of sleep, so I had awakened only a few minutes after the slugfest, got in the shower, and it was then when I recalled the dream, and that I had punched my beloved... where, I wasn't quite sure at the time. So, after I had dressed for work, and bent over to give her a kiss goodbye... she was still in the bed... I apologized for slugging her. She said I punched her in the nose! This had never happened before after being together for over 25 years... go figure that one out! :meh:

7. You don't want to know about my dreams. They cause me enough grief, I'm not sure how someone more normal could deal with them.

Rock on
    Eric

8. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    The last odd dream i had was a few days ago while me and my girlfriend had taken a trip down to Oxford for the weekend. I think i was dreaming about cars or something stupid when i blurted out during my sleep "im sorry...its only suitable for one person". I have no clue what i was thinking about but at the same time, before this woke my girl up, she was dreaming on car insurance.

Very strange

9. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    You punched your wife too? I think you and my dad have some issues. :D

He had a bout of insomnia for a few months, so he got some sleeping pills. Not sure if that cause/affected this but he had a dream where he was walking down a street with some sausages and he was attacked by two large hungry dogs.

Defending his sausages, he swings for one of the dogs, and connects. He is then woken up by my screaming mother pulling at his shirt yelling about how hes just hit her in their sleep.

10. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    You're gay.;)

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah, that's weird alright.

-Mike

12. I had this weird one once. I'm in a black room that is apparently some sort of court room. I'm on trial with two others, a man and a woman. I'm like 30ish in this dream, the other guy is younger looking and the woman looks older than me. We're all wearing black and are chained around the hands . There is this huge panel of judge looking people and the guy in the center is apparently their leader. Four guards are watching us, they are armed with guns. Everyone is wearing black. The leader of the judges opens his mouth and speaks for what seems like an hour. I don't remember what he said, it was hazy, but I know he was accusing us of something.So then the younger guy begins to cry and beg. He's saying " Father! I'm sorry, so sorry! " over and over again. One of the judges who bears a likeness to him(his father i'm guessing) continually tells him to "shut up !".The woman is muttering an unending chain of obcenities under her breath. They spend about an our trying to get us to admit to something. At some poiint I end up staring at this clock on the wall that begins to move backwards slowly then suddenly extremely fast. It does this off and on. Then I focus back on the others. The young guy is taken away by new guards that have clubs. He screams the whole way out. The woman is executed on the spot. One of the gun armed guards shoots her in the back of the head at the command of the judges. Men in black lab coats come up to me and inject a series of drugs or something into me. Then I'm being drug down a black metal walled hallway. I suddenly wake up.

I had this dream when I was 15 , it scared the **** out of me.

13. Beat me to it. :D

14. you know what that means

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    My ex used to have dreams where she would see her sister who died at the age of 3 or so. She would also have dreams where she would kill her family, friends, me, or random people. I think there were other intense ones but thats what I remember. She used to see her sister when she was awake from time to time too. Maybe still does, we havent talked about it in years.

Yours worse than that?

16. Mine don't involve me killing people. They involve me watching them die. Or watching myself die penniless, hungry and alone.

Very depressing.

But now things are a little better, as the girl that I kind of have a thing for just sat down next to me. ::giggles like a little school girl::

Rock on
    Eric

17. My ex girlfriend lost her father when she was 8. And she told me that the night he died, she dreamed about him coming into her room and telling her he'd be there for her and then leaving.

Later that night her mother came to wake her up, telling her he had just died in a car accident :eek:

Those kind of stories are very creepy :meh:

18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i've actually done the same thing while sleeping very heavily ...
    but in my dream i was fighting a vampire , while trying to drive my truck on
    a busy highway ... bizzare stuff .

19. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Do they take place in Reno?

20. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

Oh, wow... this is just too wierd! I've done that exact same thing too... well, only - in my case, I wasn't sleeping... I was just trying to get her to quit snoring so loud.
    :bag: