1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reamp or any equivalent box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by claybone, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Hi.
    I'm looking for any box that will convert my line level back to instrument level. Basically, my set up would be like this:

Bass >> Pedals >> DI >> Meyer rackmount EQ >> REAMP (??) >> Amp Input

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    I have no experience with the Meyer EQ is that is what is boosting your signal to line? Because if not you are still dealing with a balanced instrument(mic) level.

3. Yes, the Meyer EQ is a balanced line level.

4. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    Do you have a link to that EQ?

5. dmilt23451

dmilt23451

Sep 5, 2007
    Dallas TX
    From what I am reading you have to run line level into the EQ, its not the actuall EQ that is boosting it from mic, so my guess is that your not running at line level and most likely not using the EQ properly, unless there is something I am missing here in your signal flow

6. yeah, I'm running a line level to the meyer EQ courtesy of the DI. What I want now is to transform the line level after the EQ to instrument level.

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Why not run into the amps effect loop return therefore bypassing the pre of the amp?

Just a thought

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    or just run the EQ in the loop.

9. Sorry.. a bit of explanation of my rig would be required. Sorry if I didn't post it earlier. I play a 12 string bass, and I split the signal into 2. One is a clean signal >> Pedals >> Meyer EQ channel 1, then to my bass rig. The guitar/wet signal >> pedals >> DI >> Meyer Channel 2 (to roll off the bass) >> ??? >> Peavey Classic 30.

The Classic 30 is an integral part of my sound. It's my distortion box, as I've never found any pedal that I'm happy with. Plugging the Meyer into the loop of the guitar amp would mean that I'll lose it's preamp, which I can't.

So, is it reamp then?