1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rear route plate not comming off

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Awkwardturtle!, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Awkwardturtle!

Awkwardturtle!

Aug 4, 2010
    Can someone help me I bought a cheapie rogue to mod and fool around with and the back plate isn't coming off (you know the one that shows all the electronics)

you guys ever had a problem like this? how do you get the thing off without causing damage

2. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Suction cup.

Mounted on a small dowel rod with a hook on the other end, it is a permanent tool.

3. ThrashMaster

ThrashMaster

Jul 7, 2010
    Boston, MA
    method one. remove one of the knobs, then undo the nut from the potentiomer, push the pot into the electronics cavity and out of the way, push the cover through the hole.

method two. use a dental pick to pry it up from one of the screw holes

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Suction cup is good idea, lol. Ive used edge of mini flathead screwdriver for stuborn covers. After I get such off the first time I drill a decent size hole into to cover which allows for easy removal in the future. By useing tip of screwdriver thru the hole to pop it off easy. I'll also file down the edges in key spots for stuborn ones so theyre not so stuborn in the future.

5. Hi.

^This is by far the best option.

The larger, the better applies obviously, but usually any suction cup (or two ;)) will do the trick.

Towel hanger ones may be the largest & cheapest.

Regards
    Sam

6. I had this problem, the plate was recessed and I took all the screws off, but it was just tight enough to stay in. I just put my screwdriver in the the screw hole and wedged the cover up. Might have made a couple of very light scratches (in the plate, not the bass)but it was a real cheapy plus already had some very light belt buckle scratches. Probably an easier and cheaper fix than suction cups, although mine only had two screws, yours would probably be bigger

7. SnakeKappele

SnakeKappele

Sep 20, 2010
    Try duct tape on the plate with the center stuck to itself for a handle. Hope that makes sense.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021