1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rear wheel thing for Genz UBER cabs? Source for such a thing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by synterx, Mar 22, 2013.

1. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Got a cracked one, cab won't roll. It's a UPS thing, and I'd rather not deal with claims and all that. Anyone know by looking at it if it's just something a parts store sells? I'm assuming Genz wouldn't have such a thing custom made.

and um, WOW to the sheer sonic assault that one cabinet can put out. There's a reason they are $1000+ cabinets.

Attached Files:

2. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
  3. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
  4. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    The days of contacting Genz are done my friend. I did that before posting here. The response (would have been nice to have it at least SAY Genz Benz somewhere in there):

Thank you for contacting Consumer Relations for the FMIC family of brands!
    We apologize for the inconvenience, but due to extremely heavy volumes of email traffic our response times are quite a bit longer than both you, and we, would like them to be. Please know that your e-mail is as important to us, as it is to you, and every e-mail will get a thorough and considered response.
    If you have an urgent customer service or product performance issue that needs immediate attention, please call our Consumer Relations Hotline at 480-596-7195, to speak directly with a representative.
    We are working to resolve this delay as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience and your support; we'll get back with you with a response as soon as we can!
    Consumer Relations
    Fender Musical Instruments Corp.
    17600 N. Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
    Scottsdale, AZ 85255

I do not consider a caster an urgent need, so I won't be contacting the hotline at this time. That's for real emergencies. I found one that looks like it would fit, but the rubber wheel itself is not the same as what's on the Genz. I don't really want two mismatched wheels if I can help it.

5. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    That one from speaker hardware is looking closer. It is flat and squared like the genz factory one. That's probably it. Maybe I'll try it, and if it fits, good, I could always get a 2nd one to have a matching pair. The cab was packed quite well. It must have taken one heck of a drop on that exact spot to crack in half like it did. I'm sure the TB'er I bought it from didn't box it up like that without disclosing it.

6. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I once got a cab directly from Genz (Uber 410) and the whole front of the cab was smashed...not really Genz' fault though :)

7. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    The days of purchasing Genz-Benz are done, my friends. At least for this consumer. Hope you get the correct replacement wheel. :(

M. M.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to add a smilie face. :)

8. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Yeah, times are a'changin'.

I figure by the time I get a response from Fender, who is going to tell me to go to an authorized dealer, which means I have to drive to my local mom and pop, explain it all, fingers crossed that they order the right part, wait for it, go pick it up...I might as well just buy something online and move on. It would be cool to call Genz up like the old days, have them grab a part, throw it in a box and have it show up a few days later. But I won't go down that road with this thread. I just want two functioning wheels again.

$18 shipped is worth a shot from that speakerhardware.com place.

9. dukeorock

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    For that price it is worth a shot, indeed :)

Leland Crooks, the owner/operator of speakerhardware.com is a really good dude...a great resource to have.

10. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Or.....you could just call the number and ask the question.........

11. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    I've been in contact with Jeff a few times this week.:confused: Agedhorse should be along shortly to help you in the correct direction.

Genz Benz is not shutting down.

12. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    With all due respect, no one mentioned Genz shutting down. Just the pure-Fender response kind of took me by surprise, that's all.

The only thing Jeff or Agedhorse needs to concern himself here is if he thinks that replacement mentioned from speakerhardware.com is completely wrong or something.

The Genz people are first class, always were, and always will be in my eyes. I just need a new caster asap and want to be sure I get the correct one the first time through.

13. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Then call and ask about it.

14. synterx

synterx

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Why would calling make any difference? Doesn't it all go through Fender customer service or something now? Right? The email on the Genz site goes to fender, but the company phone still goes to the guys in the actual Genz office? That would be a big surprise to me. I can't imagine Fender only taking over the email account, and leaving the phones to the office staff at Genz. Maybe I'm wrong. I never even considered calling. That was my last resort. I'm just going to try the one online that looks about the same. I can have it here in a few days I hope and move on.

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you think it will fit, buy two and replace both. Then you will have matching wheels.

16. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I didn't see this thread or a PM, been on the road all day.

PM me and I will get you the proper part number and get you in touch with who you can order the part from.

I do not know if the alternate part will fit, sorry.

17. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    Not a fix for your caster here but I always move my two NeoX 212T cabs with a small, folding cart from my vehicle to inside the club/stage area. Only using the built in casters to move it about the stage area.

The built in casters mostly get used when I lay the cab on its back while loading/unloading them from my SUV or truck bed.

To OP: Did the box have a big dent on the outside where it shows like it was slammed down hard? I also avoided filing a claim with FDX awhile back with a slightly dinged cab that was shipped to me. They sent a van to come pick it up for them to determine whatever. It happened while in their possesion; why would I give it back to them again.

18. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    PM agedhorse above and he will hook you up.