1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rebel Boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JonnyAngle, Jun 6, 2014.

1. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Does anyone have a Rebel Board? I'm curious as to their build quality, size, weight, and any other concerns. Their website is down, but I've seen them on MF, GC, Twitter, and Facebook. They look nice, low cost, but no bag is included either. Thanks!

2. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I think they are kinda cliche cheesy looking, But their build quality is pretty solid. They have different sizes. Looks like they were marketed specifically for younger nu-metal hard rock kids. That's just my opinion.

3. lossfizzle

lossfizzle

Jul 8, 2013
    Jeez, dude. I knew nothing about this company or their products until now, but I'm pushing 40, have zero tolerance for anything that even remotely smacks of "nu metal kid" (or "hard rock kid," or even just "nu metal" / "hard rock" / "kid"). I don't think they look anywhere near as ridiculous as your diatribe might suggest.

Worst case scenario, with the grunge typography etc., they do look a wee bit late-90s-wave emo. I have zero tolerance for that too, but these don't look like anything I'd be ashamed to drag on stage.

4. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    I think they're going for the"Texas back country" look

5. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Was just my opinion. Just an observation. I didnt intend to imply that they were "ridiculous".

6. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Overpriced; I could make the exact same thing for a quarter of that price. It wouldn't look as pretty but it would be just as durable.

7. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    Well, they're more than a pedaltrain, but less than a trailer trash, blackbird, etc. Theres fewer extras thrown in than the other makers but these seem to be a pretty basic solution. The power section is really intriguing me with the rebel boards.

8. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    What power section? I thought they just had a built in plug so you could plug any power supply into them. If they actually had a built in power supply it would be a much better deal.

$200+ bucks for no case and no actual power supply seems like overpriced to me. Seems like that "rockstar" image is what you are paying for.

I agree you could make the same pedal board yourself and save over $100 easily.

9. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd pay extra for a Pedaltrain or any metal pre-fab board but paying that much for what basically amounts to a bunch of painted 2x4s and plywood with $5 electrical inputs soldered in doesn't sit well for me.

10. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    All you need for a power section is a $10 power strip for a few 1 spots or individual wall warts instead of a voodoo or equivalent.

11. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    That is exactly why I wouldn't pay $200+ for a board like this. At least for around the same price pedaltrain's come with a nice flight case. Hell even a cheap SKB has a built in power supply. That much money for a board, no power supply, and no case is a rip off IMO, unless it was made with expensive materials, which in this case it is not.

You asked for peoples opinions on these boards. I am just offering you mine and I know you could purchase or build a much better board for the same price or less. At the end of the day its your choice. If you like it, buy it!

12. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    Yep I know I'm opening up for the worst that the internet can dish out. I'm agreeing to disagree, I think. With most of these wood boards, the price is for labor and not materialsand I don't need a case

13. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    I'll follow up with this thread...

I got the Rockstar and I just love it. I got a multi plug for $5 from the local hardware store and use 1 spots and wall warts for all of my powering needs. I'll update with a photo later but I jighly recommend these boards if you're looking for something different.

14. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1406315819.048295.
    Here it is!

15. jasmangan

jasmangan

Jul 13, 2008
    What's the darth vader pedal? I like the LED.

16. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    Barbershop clone. Builder unknown. Best od ever. Jo3di3 fixed it up good for me

17. Dolphin's Sound

Dolphin's Sound

Dec 9, 2014
    Hi! do you have information about the company rebel boards . the site is shot down :-( they do not reply at mail ......

18. JonnyAngle

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    I think I got the last one in existence because I can't find them anywhere anymore.

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Found this on the FB page posted in October:

"Not at the moment. Was under threat of suit by pedalteain (sic). Working on a comeback."