1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rebel Head 450 and cabs- has anyone tried it who ISN'T ON THE FREEBIE TEST TEAM?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Humbucked, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Humbucked

Humbucked

Mar 17, 2009
    Australia
    TC Electronics Rebelhead RH450 has a couple of threads, but most have got a little sidetracked in talking about who got a free amp to test, etc... all legit concerns I am sure... but...

Have you tried it out? I have read some user feedback... and am hoping for more... on the amp, and the cabinets too.

2. Humbucked

Humbucked

Mar 17, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks Wolf...

3. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    I'm hoping to play one at the Bass People meetup in Sydney next month.

4. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I played one at the Lakland booth @ NAMM in January with one of their engineers at the controls - to say it's no big deal is an understatement. It was plugged into a pair of their 210's, maybe the 12's sound better - who knows. A full review by Tom Bowlus would help on this thing, but I was completely unimpressed- especially after all the hype surrounding this thing. Do yourself a favor & wait for the Markbass LMIII which was the best head I heard all day - along with the Accugroove Synergy.

5. I used one at a gig in NYC. The venue had it set up for back-line. It was fine but I found it to be kind of blah. It was totally usable but I wouldn't buy one. My guitar player said he hated the way i sounded through it:smug: I did like the tuner though and the compression was pretty nice and easy to use.

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Well, I had planned on doing just that ASAP, but apparently the folks at TC like Premier Guitar more than us, since I have not seen either the head or cabs, yet. :rollno:

Tom.

7. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I had the RS212 cab for about a week. It sounds pretty good, I had no complaints there...seemed to handle a low b well enough. I returned it for a couple of reasons.

1. It wasn't really any louder than one of my Mesa 1x12's and even though it was 5 pounds "lighter", it was much more awkward to carry. Maybe if it was offered as a 4 ohm cab, this would have been a better solution for me.

2. I found the cab finish material very abrasive, when combined with an awkwardness in carrying, I ended up with some scrapes on my hands. If I would have kept it, I probably would have had to order a cover for it.

So, if I didn't already have the cabs I have, it would have definitely been a consideration, but it's not compelling enough to make me change up my current configuration.