Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rebel Rebel!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassackwards, May 15, 2003.

1. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    :D
    [​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    :spit:
    :hyper: Danm that thing is UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    What about the bass?

;)

4. So....fernandes is copying BC Rich body styles now? Or have they in the past...and I just missed it?

Ugh. Wierd.

5. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Man! I gotta get me some hair like that....

:D

6. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    OREGON
    Both Fernandes and ESP have been copying every style of every instrument ever since the early days. They just don't export any of it most places ever since the lawsuit days of the mid-70's. They still make exact copies (except for the logo) of Fender and Gibson, headstock and all. They do a lot of interesting "hybrids" that probably wouldn't go over too well here either.

7. Back when I was just a youngster of 15 (still, I'm only 19), and in my second year of playing bass, I was living in North Carolina. My bass teacher at the time had told me I need to get some jamming time in with some musicians and he hooked me up with several African American musicians all about 30 years old, and MUCH better better than me. I happen to be left handed dominant ambidexterous, but prefer playing a right handed bass. They let me play with them for about a month and the drummer was always ragging on me that I had melody, but no groove. The last day we were jamming, the drummer gave me a belt buckle with a rebel flag on it and said, "This is a gift for your right hand because it's the whitest thing I have ever seen." Needless to say, it was all in joking fun, they were some of the most easy going musicians I have ever met, but I have worked hard on my rythym ever since. Seeing that bass made me laugh... :D

8. Am I the only one who saw it and thought it was supposed to be a Union Jack and didn't even think of the "Rebel flag"?

9. looks like they cloned Nikki Sixx as well to go with it....