1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rebirth of the Badass! The new Omega Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by walterw, Aug 14, 2015.

1. I wish I had a personal take on it....I've seen one and have been told by a trusted guitar tech that he can't tell a difference and the two he's installed and set up seemed identical and the owner's liked them. I doubt if I'll try them as I think I have enough.....I have used a hipshot bridge on my Rickenbacker 4001 and thought it was a big improvement so I would imagine their 5 hole Fender replacement bridge it would be better than the stock bent plate one.
    I will say that I do like the fact that the Leo Quan bridge says "Badass" on it. :)

vegas532 and doctorwholittle like this.
  2. doctorwholittle

doctorwholittle

Oct 27, 2011
    I've got a '79 MC924 for my Police tribute band, and it's unfortunately got a frozen Badass on it that's been finessed, sweet-talked, and manhandled about as much as it can be without it giving me shrapnel. I'm SO happy to hear there's a next generation of the Badass bridge that I can replace it with! Can't wait to get one and get it back in fighting shape.

seang15, Dadagoboi and vegas532 like this.
  3. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER

Jul 18, 2016
    Louisville Ky
    I'm gonna have to order one & try it out..
    At least the badass II mounted to the original 5 screws where the original badass had 3??
    I like the looks of the Omega Clone & will wait till a new to me Jazz Bass comes into my life..
    Until then my Ibanez will just have to do..
    [​IMG]

doctorwholittle likes this.
  4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Got one of these today, great bridge… except that ALL the screws that come with the bridge are of subpar hardness, these come with soft screws so if you don't know what you are doing you are going to have a very irritating install.

Also the idea of recessing the intuition screws in holes that are too small for most common screw driver tips for a #2 screw in a little silly...

doctorwholittle and PeaveyPlayer like this.
  5. Mikus Music

Mikus Music

Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get the Omega Bass bridge for my 5 string Cort Action V.
    I wanted to see if anyone knows if this will fit this bass properly???

Cheers,
    Mikus

6. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    One of them is nickel plated.

Dadagoboi and seang15 like this.