Reborn Ampeg Lover + B2RE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jun 4, 2005.

1. weellll.....before i used to really dislike ampeg just didnt sound right whenever i used it, but i only ever tried it in store, and since this arvo my blues band is having its first jam and recording a cd (with a drummer and guitarist i already play with, theres gonna be a seccond guitarist) so i thought id borrow one of my mates ampeg preamp just for the recording, so he lends me his old B1 (1 rack space, 150w@4ohm) and ive been messin around with it the last few days through my Ashton 1x15" (rather cheap aussie designed, taiwanese made :rolleyes: gear, but are real nice cabinets) and it sounds insanely awesome.....not as good as my teachers 70's SVT-2 through his sovtek 410 but still nice....

just thought id announce it..and while im on the ampeg are the B2RE's? i only played a B2R before, that was in store and wasnt too hot on it (but then again, that was with the kubicki not the jazz :D )
  2. i have the B2Re and it cooks... @ 4 ohms. @ 8ohms it's quieter than I expected, but if you grab a 4 ohm cab, you're gonna rule the band. :bassist:
  3. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I happen to like the B2R and not the B2RE for some weird reason even though I'm told they have the same preamp. I think this is because I was trying the B2RE at the same time I got an SVT-II (non pro) so my perspective had changed quite a bit.

You really need to try the B2RE out to know whether it works for you but I'm sure it can be tweaked to sound great and it's very powerful with Ampeg quality.
  4. [​IMG]
    i had no idea this thread existed....short memory :smug: