1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recabinet dynamic response - it's good

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by project_c, Mar 17, 2013.

1. project_c

project_c

May 8, 2008
    London, UK
    I did a little search and there's very little on TB about Recabinet, I think if you record direct or practice using a computer it's well worth checking out.
    I just downloaded the demo and to my ears it sounds loads better than any other amp / speaker simulation, especially with the new dynamic response function they've added - it responds to your playing and it comes pretty close to the real thing. There are only 2 bass cabs, the Motown one is obviously an Ampeg-ish model, the other one I'm not sure, but the mic options give you a load of variety on top of that.
    I get the best results with it when I mix it with my dry signal, but it sounds good when you feed the whole signal through it too. I'm not affiliated in any way, just quite impressed by the quality and surprised it isn't talked about more often here. I normally use Markbass Studio but the speaker dynamics in Recabinet make a huge difference, and it's dirt cheap too, I'm def. gonna buy it.

http://www.recabi.net/recabinet-3/