1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

***Recall on Ibanez Basses***

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassthumpa, May 10, 2006.

1. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    This was posted in a newsgroup. If you own one of these models, you might want to get it checked out just in case.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06161.html

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Interesting. 3 cases and they do a recall, that's pretty good. For a tech guy like me, this would be a non-issue, but it's good to see a company making the effort to take care of things.

3. JKwo

JKwo

Jan 12, 2006
    Berklee
    damn.. I guess I'll actually have to start putting my batteries in the right way now. :scowl:

4. Full Text of the recall notice:

May 5, 2006 (Tokyo Japan). Ibanez has announced a full recall of all bass guitars sold between November 1989 and 2006. Due to an error in a schematic diagram, the pickups were wired backwards. This causes the pickups to draw current in a reverse direction, effectively sucking the sound out of an amplifier. There have been numerous complaints of this over the years, but the wiring error was just discovered recently.
    According to Ibanez lead engineer Tatsua Sugeza you may be affected by the problem if you hear a noticable sucking sound when you play your bass.