1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Reccomend me an amp builder/repair guy near NYC/Long Island

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AgressivePassiv, Jul 25, 2012.

1. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    I want to find a good local guy to install removable casters in a speaker cabinet for me. Local to NYC or Long Island.
    Thanks

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's a pretty easy job. You should be able to do that yourself. If I can, anyone can ;)

3. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    Is it just drilling holes from the outside of the cab and installing the plates for the wheels to pop into? No need to get inside of the cab?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Pretty much.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Yeah, please do not pay for that. It is pretty easy. Unless your either extremely dumb or extremely rich, then go to a pro.

6. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv

Feb 3, 2011
    I'm only a little dumb and have a decent job so I'll take a crack at it. I thought there might have been more to it than only working from the outside of the cab. Thanks.

7. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    If he is still around, Chris Davis in Beacon, NY. Is an amp guru.

But yeah, even I managed to caster my own cab and I'm an idiot with tools.

8. bigalbass

bigalbass

Dec 12, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    My amp guy is Ritchie Johnson of NY Music & Repair, 850 Lincoln Ave, Bohemia NY, 11716. (631 -563-5132). He's been doing amps for over 30 years and has never failed me. I am very loyal.

9. It's not terribly complicated, but if you are at all uneasy about drilling your cab, then by all means, take it to one of the above mentioned techs. Could be a nice contact to make, I'm sure they could use the money and would likely appreciate a little work that doesn't involve getting zapped with 600v! I say, support the techs.