1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reccomend north houston fret leveler?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by darkstorm, Apr 19, 2010.

1. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Anyone know of a good place in north houston for getting a nice fret leveling and so on? My Traben could use on along with a little bit if smoothing or something to fret edges on sides of fretboard. One can feel the fret edges as bumps along outer edge of fretboard. Not bad, still very playable with no sharp edges. But still would like to treat the bass to a pro fret treatment. For referance I live real close to Parker Music. Only other store I know of near me is guitar center on north freeway near 1960. Id rather have a blind monkey do the fret leveling rather then ask GC if they know of good peep for such. Yeah, I'm still fairly new to houston and havent learned where best place closest to home is. Lol. Thank you.

2. Hey dark,

My guy in Houston is down in the Heights area,but I am friends with one of the managers at GC North.( He's also a bassist ) I will call him tomorrow and see who he recommends on the northside.

5String

3. PM coming your way.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Thanks 5string. Got.