1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Receive my new bass today but not happy about this.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by badboy1984, Aug 29, 2007.

1. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Receive my new Ibanze BTB 556 bass today, so i was happy and take it out and test out the bass then i found out the middle EQ on control knob is not working and is bend =.=

So i rang the shop and they arrange the courier to take it back

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Lol! How on Earth did that happen?! :p I wonder if it left the store like that...

3. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    no idea how the hell it can happen like that =.= Everything was fine except that. They said it was fine when it left the store but they said it maybe the the courier that did this =.=

No idea how it can make the knob bend like that during the sending lol

4. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    someone should have test drove it before it got to you. Who did you purchased it from?

GM

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    Thats nasty!

did it ship in a case, box, or gigbag in a box?

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    That could happen in shipping, even in a case. The bass would need to be otherwise secured if the case didn't.

7. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    That sucks. Couriers are probably to blame, they throw stuff about and don't care if it gets damaged.

Good choice of bass though..

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    It was a good bass, play around with it before i rang the company up. Apart from the control knob everything else was fine. I could have get someone and fixed that but require to pay a little money but i choose to send it back cos is still under the return policy. Hopefully can hear from them soon.

9. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    I'd ask the company to cover the cost of repair or credit you back some money instead of sending it back and just get it fixed yourself. Soldering a new tone pot in is a pretty cheap and simple fix and should be much faster than sending it back and waiting for a new bass to be delivered. Good luck, either way.

10. That would activate my internal kill switch. Whoa, bad deal.

11. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The company arrange the courier to take it back so i have to pay nothing but i think i will rang the company tomorrow to refund the money back, then i just go to the shop directly to buy another bass instead =.=

12. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Melbourne, FL
    man, that sucks...i gotta say, though, ibanez btb's are some pretty sexy offerings in their price range...i heard one with real barts in it, and it was pretty hot...