Received a New Set of DRs in the Old Packaging. Should I be Concerned?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by matante, Aug 4, 2018.

1. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The package of stainless Lo Riders is grey instead of black and the strings are in white paper sleeves rather than the new plastic anti-corrosive bags everyone seems to be using nowadays. Should I worry that the strings won't be as fresh as they should be? I've never used this brand before and I don't want my conclusions about them to be swayed by a less than fresh set.

2. Where did you get them from?

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Inactive Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    DR boxes will vary... I get 3 or 4 boxes if the same string sets (6 per box) and each box can have a different outer box...

However... DR stopped using the WHITE paper sleeves a long time ago. At least a couple of years. They now use a YELLOW paper sleeve.

This does not mean the strings are no good or anything... Especially if they were kept in a cool climate controlled location.

Sanchan likes this.
  4. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I got them on Amazon but from a different seller. Trying to save three bucks but now I think I should have bought them from Amazon directly.

Badwater likes this.
  5. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the reply. I would have bought them from you but you seem to be out of stock on everything I've wanted to try lately. Cheers.

6. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Always ask if you have a second... Stock status isn't current online on some things. DR usually restocked weekly on faster moving sets.

Sanchan likes this.
  7. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I have inventory in Amazon for prime fulfilment... Problem is, they will pull inventory from the inventory that is closest to the buyer... So even if you buy from "Specific Shop" the inventory could be the oldest and or closest to your location regardless of the seller.

Old Garage-Bander and Sanchan like this.
  8. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    That's good info. Thanks.

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Bergantino-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    That’s what the current packaging looks like as far as I’m aware.

10. Hounddog409

Hounddog409

Oct 27, 2015
    ohio
    No, you should get them from bassstringsonline.com.

Any issue is handled right here.

Never had an issue, but support is awesome if needed

11. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    DR is rolling out new packaging. Sets will start to ship from DR in this new packaging as they run out of old packaging.

The inner yellow paper sleeves remain the same.

IMG_20180812_131450.jpg IMG_20180812_131514.jpg

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021