1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Received a "threat" from an ebay seller...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Linas, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Let me give you some background into whats going on. I bought a car stereo on ebay. The seller says to me "i wont sell it for that price, i need $30 more". I told him hes a scum bag and reported him to ebay and he refunded me my money short of $0.51. I left him bad feedback and messaged him telling him i need the rest of my refund. He responds with, "ok you need to talk to ebay and get that feedback you left taken off or else". Obviously im not taking the feedback rating off, this guy deserves more bad feedback!! Im just not sure what to do. :help:

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I wouldn't worry about it.

It's only .51 cents.

3. fitbass3p

fitbass3p

Oct 7, 2006
    Madison, WI
    $0.51? **** it, people like that aren't worth it.

Cmon, man. You know you're better than that!

4. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Why should that ass get away with keeping even one cent of his money?

5. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Get a large hammer, take off your shoe, bash one of your toes & that will make as much sense as going after 51 pennies.

6. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Its not the $.51. Its the principal. This guy is a serious douche bag.

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Welcome to Ebay.

8. Obviously.

But what's the point? All that will most likely happen is they send angry e-mails back and forth to each other. Leave it to karma, a seller like that will get what is coming to him eventually.

9. I understand this completely. Unfortunately, the chances of you getting those coins back is minimal. Still, it wouldn't stop me from doing whatever I had time for to piss him off.

Mike

10. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    send him a box full of poop that's marked Postage due, don't put your return address on it. keep doing so until you run out of poop. then I can help, you can clean up the dog poop in my backyard and continue to mail it to him

11. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah I agree that you are lucky you got most of your dough back, but I would leave negative feedback all over for him and get on any of his other seller pages and make sure everyone knew what he did.

So, just to clarify...you won an ebay auction, sent him the money via paypal then he emails you saying he wants more after you paid, right?

12. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Yes.

13. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    If he threatened you and you have it in writing; forward a copy to ebay and report him to the local authorities.

Let him have the .51 and enjoy the fact that you didn't get a product that was probably all messed up...

14. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    Sounds like the feedback was more than he wanted to bear. Call the 51 cents well spent, and know that the feedback is bothering him much more than 51 cents should bother you.

15. Oh well...it's only .51...the feedback you gave him will tick him off for a long, long time.

Leave it there....you can't buy fun like that. Maybe add some more for fun mentoning his refusal to refund you the extra amount...that outta make his head explode.

16. Or try this:

www.poopsenders.com

17. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Kill him. He's a douche.

18. Obviously this isn't about the 51 cents. It's about the extra 30 bucks he wanted for the item. If he wanted 30 more he should have raised the asking price by 30 earlier. End of story.

19. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    True, but you are likely to cause yourself more aggravation by trying to get your money back/get even with him than you will inflict upon him.

Let the universe handle this one. He'll get his :cool:

20. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    zit?

You can mail him a box of bricks.