Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

received my custom G&L ASAT wow !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rooster, Apr 3, 2001.

1. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    just received my custom G&L ASAT BASS after 13 weeks.came on a friday night of a two nighter we had to play.so i strapped it on right out of the box.all i can say is wow !!!!!it was set up perfect :D this was definatly worth the wait.specs as follows:swamp ash back,AAAA curly maple top,birdseye neck,white binding on top,gold hardware rosewood board.# 6 jazz neck.weighs in at 9 1/2 pounds the sound is incredible with this combination of wood.you can go to <a href=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1474860&a=11102289>See my photos of bass guitars at PhotoPoint</a> and check it out.my thanks go out to Tim at buffalo bros for over seeing this guitar being made.i also have a picture of george fullerton holding my guitar that was in the case when i received it.i just wanted to share this with people that appreciate the same instrument that i love to play.

and remember as always rock till ya drop !!!!!!!

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice, rooster, congratulations!!!

Got a nice pair of post Fender Leo designs there!

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Congrats - excellent choice!

4. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    You dog you!!!
    I'm jealous.
    Those are beautiful.
    Someday I will own a G&L again, but not as fancy as those.
    Got it from Buffalo Bros. huh?
    I sent them an email awhile back asking about a trade on a used ASAT and never heard back. I'm glad you were able to do business with them. I'll probably consider Bass NW when I'm ready to buy. At least they responded to my email.

5. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Although my G&L is nowhere near as pretty or custom (L-2000 in discontinued sparkle black, rosewood board, standard neck) I did "special" order it and know the feeling of finally having it arrive. It's been almost a year and I have none of the disatisfaction I've had with previous basses.

How do you like the balance on the ASAT? Do you find it neck-heavy at all? I thought about the ASAT when I got my L-2000 (the ASAT is definitely more unique looking) I decided I liked the "standard" body shape better. Now if they would just go back to putting on a control plate or add a pickguard . . .

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've always like the ASAT basses, but I like yours mostest of all.

Congrats!

7. Rooster,

Very nice looking instrument, compliments your Anniversary Ray very well.
    Never owned a G & L. How does it compare to your Ray?
    I unstuck the scratch plate from my Anniversary also.
    Looks almost identical to yours, except for a maple neck.

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice bass, rooster

9. SantosL.Halper

SantosL.Halper

Sep 27, 2000
    VERY sweet! But, excuse my ignorance, what's the other axe? A custom L-2000 set up like a StingRay? Either way, two gorgeous axes...

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

It's a MusicMan StringRay 20th Anni w/the pickguard taken off. That's nice, too.

11. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    let me see if i can get this right.spike as compared to my stingray IMHO the G&L is so much more versatile.in fact i dont even play the stingray much anymore.not saying its better but different for some situations.now to craigb:the balance is a little heavy on the neck but i play with a strap that goes over both shoulders so it doesn't move at all.on to cb56:if you want to order a G&L from buffalo bros.ask for tim he handles this personally.and thank you to all the others who responded.

and remember as always rock till ya drop !!!!!!

12. Rooster,your ASAT is awesome! So is your StingRay!! What a beautiful pair!!Curly maple has got to be my most favorite top.

13. Even with GOLD hardware: really de-luxe! ;)

Just a question rooster, the pick-up pole pieces are gold too? [Not easy to see in the pics]

14. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    pantografo yes even the pole pieces are gold.also all of the screws on the cover on the back.i just thought it would be different.

and remember as alway's rock till ya drop !!!!!

15. :D :D

Now that is a pair to draw to!

Hope the twins and pa pa are doing well! :D