1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Received my new Fender American Jazz V Deluxe last night!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fullback32, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I got a 20% coupon from Musicians Friend last week and was surprised to see that it applied to Fender. Usually their "percent off" specials don't. So I bought a brand new wine red American Jazz V Deluxe for $1439. It is everything they say it is. Completely blows my MIM 60th Anniversary Jazz V out of the water.

That it was perfectly set up out of the box was an amazing thing. It plays like a dream. The versatility of tone is awesome. The ability to go passive or active is a really nice feature that I've already found several uses for during the three hours I played it last night.

I finally found a 5-string that I can go full-time with. I may doing a sell-off of some of my four-strings!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/64157_10200736657239466_71863545_n.jpg

2. No pics, no bass...

3. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    any hum in active?

4. None at all. I was concerned about that as I had read that it was there, but either I got a really good one or Fender fixed it for the 2013 models.

5. Check the link in my original post.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I played one that looked just like that.
    It was great; except it weighed 12lbs!!!

7. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    What link?

8. Tx Basser

Tx Basser

Jul 21, 2012
    Texas
    Nice bass and congrats. I love playing my Fender J.

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats love that color and block inlay.

10. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Yep. Great bass! congrats.

11. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    Congrats! :hyper:

I've got the 4 string version in Black with Maple neck and fingerboard.

I love mine too! :bassist:

12. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    I basically bought all my recently purchased new recording gear and bass stuff from MF. They have done great at getting me some really impressive low prices!

I had a few problems with a couple of items and they took them back no questions asked! Even paid for the return shipping! :)

The key is CALLING them rather than using the web site unassisted.

13. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Your thoughts mirror my own on my ADJ 4 stringer. The out of the box setup was beyond anything I ever expected from Fender. It's dead silent, versatile and plays like melted butter. I like Fender basses (obviously) but this has the remarkably soft and easy action that you might expect from a boutique bass.

14. Haze01

Haze01

May 2, 2011
    Awesome!

I am waiting on a 4 string Deluxe Jazz in the same Trans red , I ordered it over two weeks ago but will have to wait another month or more before I have it in my hands (new stock in the UK is a month away)

I too am a little concerned about the buzzing in active mode (read that a few people have had problems) so it's great to hear your happy and there's not too much humming buzz .

I can't wait to receive mine :D

Congrats on a lovely Bass.

15. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Because most of us need immediate gratification:
    [​IMG]

Sweet bass!

16. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Tasty......

17. Rev.Dr.

Rev.Dr.

Oct 4, 2007
    Metro Atlanta
    Congrats....I love my 2012 Deluxe V. It is dead silent in active mode and has become my go to bass. I never thought that I would give my Smith's a rest. I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.