1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recent Craigslist scores...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Cruising craigslist recently....and came across these little gems...

score.
    (excuse the phone pic my camera died recently)

roughly $150.00 total invested in both basses...

The SX has as set Fender Pick-ups installed and has been shielded

Should keep me busy "Frakenstein-ing" for a little while anyway

2. I haven't scored any basses recently but I did score a swollen pickle + boss ls-2 + pulsar for $120

3. I think you scored quite a bit better than i did..lol

4. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I got a swollen pickle from craigslist for $100, but I think it's something different than what you guys are talking about. ;)

5. MaddAnthony_59

MaddAnthony_59 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Columbus, IN
    I Channel Surf During Commercials. (Drives my Wife CRAZY!!!)
    No Pic, No Pickle!:bag:

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Win + Big Win! (The DeArmond being the bigger win of the two).

7. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Damn, that's kind of a "rare" SX. I dont remember them ever coming in CAR w/ matching headstock! Nice score. I love the white PG, but I'd throw a tort or black one on there to change it up. Ohhh, or maybe Gold!

I snagged a 1962 Precision (slightly modded) on CL for $950 a couple weeks ago. I'm still pinching myself trying to wake up...:bassist:

The only things unoriginal are the body paint poorly refinned, back of neck was oversprayed, the Jazz PU added (but sounds amazing), BAII bridge (I have the original bridge and bridge cover in the '67 case he threw in for no charge), and the knobs and pickguard screws.

Fender1962Bass03.

8. Tonegasm

Tonegasm

Mar 22, 2010
    NJ
    I'm still waiting on a vintage deal like that.

9. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I've been waiting my whole life and it probably will never happen to me again. I'm glad I jumped on it and it worked out.

I owe it all to the seller actually. I emailed him first when he posted it on a Monday, but I informed him I couldn't check it out until Friday when I was going to be in town.

He stood by his word and let it go to me for $950, even though he had other offers throughout the week of people telling him to "name his price". Unbelievable.

10. j.kernodle

j.kernodle Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I haven't found anything quite as awesome as that 62 P, but I've had some good finds in the last year or so.

Mint 1994 American Standard Jazz with OHSC plus SWR workingmans 12 combo for $500. (I posted a NBD thread on this one). Flipped the jazz for a profit, kept the combo as a practice amp.

Squier Affinity P, plus a brand new Rumble 15 for $90. Gave that to my daughter.

And picked up a USA 1984 Guild D17 acoustic guitar with case yesterday for $200.

Just missed a mint Fender MIM Tele plus an epiphone SG (meh) $100 for both. (a friend got to the guy before me. :D)

I've got local craigslist as a shortcut on my blackberry and I check multiple times a day.

11. I got an SWR 6x10 Gloliath Senior for $425.

12. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    $150 for both basses. That's a great deal. Congrats dude. Enjoy!

Fred

13. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    True dat! No pic, no Pickle. Hehe. Funny mother@@@@@@.

14. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I also snagged my Orange 15" cab for $450 w/ this plastic flight case and casters, which I thought was a great deal at the time - I was short a 15" cab anyways, and I love Orange stuff. The tone on this 15" is really punchy, but that's for another thread...:bag:

orangecab15.

And I got this early 70's Ibanez 2388b that was covered in vinyl adhesives stripes for $275. I got her all cleaned up and she's a real hottie, and those humbuckers are actually pretty damn crisp sounding - especially recorded. And its lightweight.

IMG_4144.

ricksmall.

15. ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Jan 15, 2007
    Michigan's U.P.
    Lemmie get this straight? You wanna see some dudes swollen pickle?
    :bag:

16. Here's my recent acquisition. A Fender Jazz V Plus w/ EMGs for $350:

100_2569.

100_2568.

100_2567.