1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recent Gig Stories

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SBassman, Mar 25, 2006.

1. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Post your recent gig stories...

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Two bits of comedy last night:

1. We play Wake Me Up When September Ends. There's a somewhat dramatic part that comes to a break. Occasionally, people have cheered at the break. So, I put my heart into the notes leading up to the break, and I hear cheering. Cool, I think. Then I look up, and everyone is yelling at the basketball game on the TV screen. :)

2. While playing, I watched while a very drunk guy hit on my wife. It was actually very comical. I kept an eye on it to be sure nothing stupid happened, but it made me smile while I watched. All of a sudden, I see my wife lift her left hand and show the guy her ring. bwuhahahahaha. :)

3. We have a Deaf Son, so the Wife and I naturally have learned to Sign, which comes in handy at Gigs where you can't hear yourself above the Disco, Support Band, Whatever. Anyway, last night, there was a Guy being a little over-enthusiastic about offering my Wife a drink while we were going on stage for the second set. No problem, because she was surrounded by Friends and Family, but just to make sure, I sign "Is there a problem, or can you cope ok?" She signs back "No problem, I can handle this idiot".. Said guy looks bemused, and visibly steps back. I notice a lot of laughter coming from the Friends/Family tables, and at the end of the night, find out why. The drunk has been wandering around, telling everyone who would listen "Honest, the Bass Player and his Wife are both Deaf!" Funny how some people only get any exercise by jumping to conclusions.

4. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Excellent post, Big Al.

And, if you wouldn't mind, could you post for us the sign:

"No problem, I can handle this idiot"?

:)
    :hyper:

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Funny, the exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Some drunk came up to my wife, wanted her to dance at first. She of course said no, so he left. He then comes back a bit later with a beer for her, still thinking that he had a chance. By this time, I could see he was starting to annoy her, so I kept a pretty close eye on the situation. She then held up her left hand to show her ring, pointed at me on stage, and motioned for him to go away. He didn't bother her the rest of the night.:)

6. Nope. I haven't a clue how to do it! This is my kids computer, and I've only just learned to use (some of ) it properly. I tried an attachment, but this site wouldn't let me-sorry.

7. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    If you want, you could PM me, attach it, and I'll post it here.

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Priceless. I wish I had my wife on videotape - it would have been great to look at again. I had lots of fun telling the kids about it today. :)