1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recently converted from guitar to bass!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jonhatcher, Mar 31, 2015.

1. jonhatcher

jonhatcher

Mar 28, 2015
    Hi all, I'm Jonathan. I'm 31, and I've been playing guitar for 19 years. Always had a love and respect for bass, and over the years have explored lower tunings until I switched to 7, then 8 string guitars.

Finally, this year, I've taken the step forward, sold all my guitar gear, and invested in a Warwick Infinity 4 string. So far, I love it. It's taking me a while to get used to right hand technique, because I want to be a "proper" bassist and play fingerstyle.

I work at a music store called Portman's Music, located in Albany, GA. We have 4 stores in in Georgia.
    I've worked music retail for 13 years, so I do know a good bit about gear, current product, and repair.

Happy to be a part of the bass clef!

2. Welcome, look forward to your input.