1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recently discontinued/closed out basses- is there any recourse?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassaga, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bassaga

Bassaga

Sep 4, 2015
    The latest news in my search for my perfect bass is that I may have found it! ... aaaand it was evidently discontinued, blown out of every store around for a lousy $200, and all around forgotten about as of last Christmas, one dang month ago.

Alack! for the Schecter Raiden Special 5 See-Through BlueBurst that might have been! If only my quest and my tax refund were five weeks quicker, doggone it.

So now I'm wondering if you old heroes have any knowledge about ,"Well, they SAY they're gone, but you can still find one if you contact [...] or check the [...] or ask your music shop to [...]" or any tips you may have about finding just-barely-eliminated models. Or has the ship sailed forever, and my only hope lies in waiting for a GASser to eventually get bored and sell one?

2. Look to pay very much more for it.

3. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
  4. Bassaga

Bassaga

Sep 4, 2015
    Hmm... I have seen videos involving sandpaper, ink/paint, and a whole lot of clearcoat/buffing that could come into play here, if I dare.

5. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
  6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    You can always buy the 4-string version in the see-through blue burst on Amazon...it'll only cost you $800 with S&H. Other than that it looks like you're going to hope for one on reverb.com or ebay.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00740AZ2C

7. FourBanger

FourBanger

Sep 2, 2012
    SE Como
    Plenty of the auction and classifieds sites allow commercial sellers and you will porbably see a few passing through brand new for the next little while.

blindrabbit likes this.