Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rechargeable lithium battery substitute for Kodak digicam

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Feb 17, 2003.

1. I have an el-cheapo Kodak DX3215 digicam--1.3 megapixel, point-and-shoot, completely idiotproof. It's more than acceptable for my needs.

Anyhow, the original CRV3 3-volt lithium battery pack ran out a while back, and so I decided to try using a pair of NiMH rechargeable 1.2V AA batteries in it. Unfortunately, in the DX3215, the NiMH batteries have an average lifetime of about fifteen minutes due to excessive current draw.

Are there any rechargeable solutions out there? Throwing away batteries is bad for the environment and $9/pop for more CRV3s is not within my budget.

2. I just received a DX4230 for Xmas and I think that it uses the same battery as yours. Best bet is to go to Best Buy etc and pick up Kodak's rechargeable replacement and charger. I bought the one included in the Travel Kit package: Battery, Quick Charger, International plug adapters and a carry case. $40 and works like a charm. Just returned from Ireland and the charger w/adapter worked flawlessly.