Recognize This Bass ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sarakisof, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Sarakisof

Sarakisof

Dec 15, 2019
    Does anyone here recognize this thing? Headstock reminds me of SX. Look at how close to bridge this j pickup is :D Partsbass maybe but any thoughts parts used?

Attached Files:

2. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Ew

Bassdirty likes this.
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well obviously it's a P-Bass of some sort and someone added a Jazz pickup in the worst possible spot.

4. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    I feel like I need a shower after looking at that bass..

Squittolo and Sarakisof like this.
  5. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Looks like someone had plenty of time and limited experience...great effort and follow through though...points given for completion.

Sarakisof likes this.
  6. Sarakisof

Sarakisof

Dec 15, 2019
    Any thoughts on brand maybe?

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't think it's a Fender or Squier. There's no routing where the full pick guard would be.

8. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    Imported no-name cheapo, probably Korean-made but possibly Indonesia etc, with an added 70s Dimarzio Jazz.
    I’d check out the P pickup too to see if it’s also something good.
    Probably need to take it all apart to get any more info than that, but you may not actually gain any additional insight besides “cheap Korean import” even after taking it apart though.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 28, 2021